Galaxy Tab P1010 Issues - The Galaxy Tab Forum

The Galaxy Tab Forum: Galaxy Tab P1010 Issues - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Galaxy Tab P1010 Issues How do you root P1010 on Froyo 2.2.1?

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:51 PM (#1) User is offline   afs 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members

Hi fellas. I've been trying to abstain from starting a new post, but it seemed that my post have not catch any of the expertise attention, hence I've not received any reply for my post under rooting glaaxy tab.
I hope someone out there could give me guidance, on how to root my tab successfully.

Frankly.. I'm very very new to the android field.
Recently I got a second hand Galaxy Tab P1010 (WiFi only), the reason why I got it was because I thought that I could use my iphone 3GS to tether online to my tab. However, I was not able to get any internet access. I read online that it has something to do with adhoc network (still not sure what that means).. and soon found out that I was able to get online using wifi tethering with iphone4 (which belongs to a friend).

My iphone 3GS is jailbroken (4.3.1).. and I do have both MyWi and PdaNet.. I've always love iphone3GS due to its curve back corners - unlike iphone 4 - as such, will not upgrade my phone. However, could someone please guide me on how to root my tab, and gets it online? I am aware that rooting on galaxy tab P1010, froyo 2.2.1 can only be done using superoneclick. However, I do notice that there is a need to download JDK and SDK first before any rooting can be done. Frankly speaking, I have no idea what that is. Infact it got me confused when I learnt that JDK is JAVA. For the record, I got into Java website to download the file, but ended up not knowing which file to download. Same goes for SDK too. Additionally, I was wondering how downloading the two files helps because I was wondering will there be additional interface which I have to navigate besides superoneclick (just click on root tab interface and wait for it to do its magic)

I hope someone kind hearted soul could help/guide me step by step on how to root my tab, and get it working. My other reason for rooting is because I want to be able to fully utilise the space in microSD, and explore this powerful gadget.

I am using PC Windows 7 (64bit).
Samsung Galaxy Tab P1010 (WiFi only.. which means no slot for sim card), Firmware: 2.2.1, Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9, [email protected], Builder number: FROYO.DXKC2 (I assumed that "unlocking" is not applicable for WiFi Tab, right?) and hope to be able to WiFi tether from a jailbroken iphone 3GS (Firmware: 4.3.1)

NB: A detail description and rationale would be much appreciated by me, and perhaps other GT-P1010 users. Thank you in advance.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language