What connector cable for Tab A 10.1 to HDMI TV port? - The Galaxy Tab Forum

The Galaxy Tab Forum: What connector cable for Tab A 10.1 to HDMI TV port? - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What connector cable for Tab A 10.1 to HDMI TV port?

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:46 PM (#1) User is offline   hurdygurdyguy 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • LocationWashington, U.S.A.
  • Device Size:Tab A 10.1 2016
  • Device Model Number:SM-T580
  • Android Version:7.0 Nougat

I'd like to be able to physically connect my Galaxy Tab A 10.1 from the mini usb port to the HDMI port on my Samsung Smart TV and I just recently found that the Tab A 10.1 does not have MHL support (which I was glad to know just before ordering a usb-c to hdmi cable from eBay ... I also found out the 11-pin usb-c is not the same as the 5-pin mini usb).

Would it still work if I got a mini usb to usb-c adapter (5-pin to 11-pin)and used that with a usb-c to hdmi cable? Would I be able to access tablet content (photos, videos, web browsing etc) or is there a data bottleneck with the 5-pin usb port on the tablet? I've tried using the mini-usb to usb to the TV usb port but the TV doesn't recognize the tablet (though I can insert a thumbdrive to the TV and it can access the photos and videos on the thumbdrive). Would this still be the case if I used the mini-usb>usb-c adapter to usb-c>hdmi cable?

I currently stream from my tablet with screen mirroring (with Smart View and SmartThings apps)to my Smart TV, so maybe it's a "then why bother?" thing. I just like to have as many options as possible, I guess...

Thanks,
HGGuy

Galaxy Tab Model : Tab A 10.1 2016
Galaxy Tab Number : SM-T580
Android Version : 7.0 Nougat

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic