Cannot mirror screen Tab A (SM-T580) to Amazon FireStick - The Galaxy Tab Forum

The Galaxy Tab Forum: Cannot mirror screen Tab A (SM-T580) to Amazon FireStick - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cannot mirror screen Tab A (SM-T580) to Amazon FireStick Mirroring frustration

Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:28 PM (#1) User is offline   Scottg 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • LocationCumbria, UK
  • Device Size:Tab A 10.1 2016
  • Device Model Number:SM-T580
  • Android Version:8.0 Oreo

Hopefully this post won't be regarded as articulating a Daft Question from a naïve newbie , the answer to which everyone else already knows. However . . . my wife and I are presently being driven nuts by our Tab A's seeming inability to mirror its screen to the Amazon HD Firestick that's installed in one of the HDMI ports of our non-smart wide-screen TV.

We're aware that both the FireStick and our tablet are Android devices so can't for the life of us understand why they're no playing nicely. Both register to our home wifi network, so the problem isn't with the wifi. We had thought it lay with the FireStick, but having gone down multiple Amazon help avenues in search of an answer, we're still lost.

As it's now 2019, not 1919, one would've thought that screen mirroring was as easy and as simple as locating a control on the tablet and clicking on it.

Why not?

Certainly, to judge from countless posts all over the Internet from people who clearly have no idea what they're talking about, that's the case here: we are repeatedly advised to click on controls on our Tab A which simply don't exist.

Nor have we yet been able to establish if there's an app which will bridge the tablet to the Firestick, running the same app on trablet and Firestick. All we've been provided with is a lengthy list of apps which, when we come to check their Amazon user reviews, turn out to be anything but dependable or too confusing of operation to even contemplate.

e are not looking for something technologically impossible. And we certainly aren't looking to "casting" movies and TV shows from different apps to our TV via the Firestick.

Our only interest is to mirror what we see on the screen of our tablet on the screen of our non-smart TV, either home-made MP4 videos we've shot ourselves of family gatherings and holiday travel or cherished vids from friends and relatives.

Rocket science?? Shurely not. One-click functionality of mirroring would, to us, be infinitely more desirable from Samsung than it chucking $billions at providing bendy screens.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:21 PM (#2) User is offline   hurdygurdyguy 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • LocationWashington, U.S.A.
  • Device Size:Tab A 10.1 2016
  • Device Model Number:SM-T580
  • Android Version:7.0 Nougat

I had this same problem with my Tab A 10.1 ... very frustrating not to be able to stream a Samsung tablet to a Samsung Smart TV, should be a no brainer, right?

Well, here's a solution that worked for me: After much trial and error with various workarounds I installed two apps, Smart View (it had been preinstalled on my tablet when I bought it but I deleted it because I couldn't get it to work, so why keep it, right?) and SmartThings, both available from Google Play ... the app to use is the SmartThings (but, for some reason you need the Smart View app also installed...found that out by trial and error). With it properly set up (scan for devices etc) I can touch "[TV]SamsungLED" and after about 5 seconds my tablet is mirrored on the TV screen and everything I do on the tablet I can see on the TV and so it is much easier to stream internet browsing (Youtube, Pluto TV etc) or content on my tablet than trying to access the same from the Smart TV/SmartHub browser which is very slow and clumsy

So, the apps "Smart View" and "SmartThings" worked for me maybe they'll work for you if you haven't found a workaround yet, yourself!

Cheers!

PS... Ahhh, and now I re-read your post and I see you aren't using a Smart TV ... hmmm, well now it looks like my great advice might not work for you at all as I have no experience with the Amazon Firestick. I'm not sure if the SmartView/SmartTHings apps would stream thru the Firestick ... sorry!

Galaxy Tab Model : Tab A 10.1 2016
Galaxy Tab Number : SM-T580
Android Version : 7.0 Nougat

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language