Tab S 10.5 and keyboard cover problem - The Galaxy Tab Forum

The Galaxy Tab Forum: Tab S 10.5 and keyboard cover problem - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tab S 10.5 and keyboard cover problem

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:57 PM (#1) User is offline   Big Dog Dad 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • LocationPennsylvania, U.S.A.
  • Device Size:Tab S 10.5
  • Device Model Number:SM-T800
  • Android Version:6.0.1 Marshmallow

Hello from SW Pa. New to the forum and Samsung tablets. I have a SM-T800 with android 6.0.1. It's been sitting here doing nothing for a while, so since I retired, I decided to begin exploring tablets. I just bought a samsung keyboard cover, charged the cover, and put the two together. I turned them both on and the tab does not respond to the keyboard at all. My first stupid novice question is what do I need to to get the tab to recognize the keyboard? It's going to be a toy so I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Galaxy Tab Model : Tab S 10.5
Galaxy Tab Number : SM-T800
Android Version : 5.0.1 Marshmallow

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Posted 04 April 2018 - 04:11 AM (#2) User is offline   srglassw 

• PipPip
  • LocationQualicum Beach, BC, Canada
  • Device Size:Tab E 9.6
  • Device Model Number:SM-T560NU
  • Android Version:7.1.1 Nougat

View PostBig Dog Dad, on 02 April 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

Hello from SW Pa. New to the forum and Samsung tablets. I have a SM-T800 with android 6.0.1. It's been sitting here doing nothing for a while, so since I retired, I decided to begin exploring tablets. I just bought a samsung keyboard cover, charged the cover, and put the two together. I turned them both on and the tab does not respond to the keyboard at all. My first stupid novice question is what do I need to to get the tab to recognize the keyboard? It's going to be a toy so I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks in advance.

I don't have any first hand experience with tablet keyboard covers but the interface between the cover and the tablet is most likely Bluetooth. If so, is Bluetooth turned on in the tablet's connection settings and has the tablet been "paired" with the keyboard cover? Pairing is also done in the tablet's connection settings and should become available when Bluetooth has been turned on.

Galaxy Tab Model : E 9.6
Galaxy Tab Number : SM-T560NU
Android Version : 7.1.1 Nougat

Posted 04 April 2018 - 04:48 PM (#3) User is offline   Big Dog Dad 

• Pip
  • LocationPennsylvania, U.S.A.
  • Device Size:Tab S 10.5
  • Device Model Number:SM-T800
  • Android Version:6.0.1 Marshmallow

View Postsrglassw, on 04 April 2018 - 04:11 AM, said:

I don't have any first hand experience with tablet keyboard covers but the interface between the cover and the tablet is most likely Bluetooth. If so, is Bluetooth turned on in the tablet's connection settings and has the tablet been "paired" with the keyboard cover? Pairing is also done in the tablet's connection settings and should become available when Bluetooth has been turned on.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it still does pair with the keyboard. I now know why I like my pc and my ipad. The Tab has a tremendous display, but is it worth the effort? I guess I will continue to play with it and learn from it.

-=BDD=-

Galaxy Tab Model : Tab S 10.5
Galaxy Tab Number : SM-T800
Android Version : 5.0.1 Marshmallow

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language