Looking for feedback. - The Galaxy Tab Forum

The Galaxy Tab Forum: Looking for feedback. - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for feedback. Been reading and digging for a few days.

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:44 PM (#1) User is offline   Bluepig 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • LocationUtah, U.S.A.
  • Device Size:Tab S2 9.7
  • Device Model Number:Sprint SM-T817PZKASPR
  • Android Version:5.1.1 Lollipop

I'm in the market for a new tablet. Since I'm on the Samsung S6 phone platform, and since Side Sync 4.0 is out, I've been looking at the Galaxy Tab galaxies.

The other day I was in at BestBuy and picked up an A7 pen, took it home and started reading up on it. It seems the two biggest hits are the resolution/pixel density and processor. For $100 more I can double RAM, double resolution, and triple dpi with the S2. But it has about half the battery life. So now I'm hearing of a May 15th release of an S3.

My question is this:

Is the battery life really that poor on the S2 9.7? Does the May 15th release of the S_ (new tab) sound realistic? Since I have a modular laptop is it worth waiting?

I also looked at the Tab S but they seem so far out of line price wise, that I've elected to pass on that one.

Thanks, Randy

Galaxy Tab Model : Tab S2 9.7
Galaxy Tab Number : Sprint SM-T817P
Android Version : 5.1.1 Lollipop

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:43 PM (#2) User is offline   bettyhills 

• PipPip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • LocationMaryland, U.S.A.
  • Device Size:Tab S2 9.7
  • Device Model Number:SM-T817VZWA
  • Android Version:5.1.1 Lollipop

I purchased the TabS2 9.7 Verizon 4LTE in December and am delighted. I use it on WiFi most of the time, turning on cellular only when needed traveling. The Verizon offer was $595, paid over 24 months. For grins, I asked the site the cost paid in full: $297 with a 2 year contract of $30.08 per month "all in" ($10 access fee and $20 for 2GB data -- more than I use). It amuses me that the cost of the S2 plus two years cellular service is less than the cost of the comparable iPad Air2, while the S2 has a better form factor, and all the advantages of android. Best Buy is not always the best price. Amazon will have its midsummer Black Friday sale soon enough.

The battery life suits me just fine. It slips into standby when unused. I recharge it overnight.

It feels wafer-thin and weighs under a pound. The Samsung OEM slim case is incredibly well-made and skinny, making the entire unit a (very compact) dream to slip into a bag and go. (I made the mistake of buying an off-brand folio first that is now recycled.)

If you want a pen, the AmazonBasics Executive Stylus for Touchscreen Devices at $5.99 works with it beautifully.

The S2 seems very BIG when I am working on it. After five months, I am still amazed at how compact (small) it is when tightly tucked into its superbly-designed, slim Samsung Electronics Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Cover.

Best wishes on your decision. With Samsung, you cannot go wrong.
________

Samsung GALAXY Tab2 7.0 - GT-P3113
OS Android 4.0.3 ICS Ver. UEALD3 8GB + Ext.SDHC 32GB
Superuser, ROM Manager, Root Explorer, Titanium Backup PRO

Galaxy Tab Model : Tab S2 9.7
Galaxy Tab Number : SM-T817V
Android Version : 5.1.1 Lollipop

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic