The Galaxy Tab Forum: Touch screen unresponsive - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Touch screen unresponsive

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:05 AM (#1) User is offline   sampark1980 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members

Hi, I did browse through some topics on these forums, but I couldn't find exactly the problem I am having, so if there is another topic for this, please point me in the right direction.

I have a Verizon Galaxy Tab 7 (SCH-i800) that was working fine with a custom 2.3.5 ROM on it. I was trying to go back to stock and maybe try out other ROMs. However, when I used heimdall to flash a stock ROM, the touch screen became unresponsive. First of all, it went into a boot loop so I went into recovery, but the "home" key was unresponsive. The side hard keys (power + volume) worked fine, and the "menu" button also responded by making the recovery (blue font) menu disappear and appear, but I could not push the "home" key to select "wipe data/cache".

I found this strange, so I tried out another ROM, this time a stock, rooted ROM, and although it did boot up, when it got to the unlock screen, I could not unlock the tab as the screen was unresponsive to my touch. Again, the "power" key worked and I was able to turn the screen on and off with it, but nothing on the touch screen itself worked at all. For sure, the tab was not frozen, since I was able to turn the it on and off and the "device options" screen (silent mode, data mode, airplane mode, etc.) comes on if I hold power long enough, but I cannot select anything on screen.

I tried this with 2 other ROMs, but it's the same thing. Has anyone else had this same problem that has a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:22 AM (#2) User is offline   sampark1980 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members

As an update, I realized that just the BOTTOM half of the screen is not responsive. When holding the power button down, the screen menu with option to go to silent mode, data network mode, etc comes up, but I can only push Silent mode. Anything below that, and the screen will not respond to touch. Its as if the bottom half of the screen is just no responding to any touches. Does this sound like a hardware issue? Or does it sound like there was an error when I was flashing something that caused the tab to think that only part of the screen is touch screen? Can anyone help me??

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language