The Galaxy Tab Forum: Media Scanner Running when trying to use camera - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Media Scanner Running when trying to use camera Solution Found

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:06 PM (#1) User is offline   mystic7 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members

I just got home with a protective cover made specifically for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 by Targus. The tab fits perfectly except that the back camera lens (the one facing me) was partially covered. I tried to turn on the camera to see if the lens was actually being blocked, but it won't turn on. I get "Media Scanner Running", then that turns off, and nothing happens. This only happens with the camera app, and it worked fine as recently as a few hours ago earlier this morning.

Any ideas what could have caused this and what I can do to fix it?
Thanks in advance.
M7

P.S. Just tried playing a video I recorded the other day and it won't play. It does the same thing as trying to get the camera running. "Media Scanner Running", then that shuts off, and nothing happens. I can open pictures and play music, but nothing to do with video. Grrrr...
Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P???? Android ????

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:34 PM (#2) User is offline   mystic7 

• Pip

mystic7, on 12 January 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

I just got home with a protective cover made specifically for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 by Targus. The tab fits perfectly except that the back camera lens (the one facing me) was partially covered. I tried to turn on the camera to see if the lens was actually being blocked, but it won't turn on. I get "Media Scanner Running", then that turns off, and nothing happens. This only happens with the camera app, and it worked fine as recently as a few hours ago earlier this morning.

Any ideas what could have caused this and what I can do to fix it?
Thanks in advance.
M7

P.S. Just tried playing a video I recorded the other day and it won't play. It does the same thing as trying to get the camera running. "Media Scanner Running", then that shuts off, and nothing happens. I can open pictures and play music, but nothing to do with video. Grrrr...

I found the answer to my problem and wanted to share it. I went into Settings>Applications>Running Services (or something like that), clicked "All" apps, found the camera, cleared my cache, and all was back to normal. I would assume it would work with whatever app you may be having a "Media Scanner Running" problem with.
Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P???? Android ????

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:50 AM (#3) User is offline   poncier13 

• Pip

Same problem here with the both the camera and video player open up and quickly shutting down and then showing "media scanner running..." Tried to clear cache in each but no cache was there. Please help...thanks!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:03 PM (#4) User is offline   Kilili 

• Pip

mystic7, on 12 January 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

I found the answer to my problem and wanted to share it. I went into Settings>Applications>Running Services (or something like that), clicked "All" apps, found the camera, cleared my cache, and all was back to normal. I would assume it would work with whatever app you may be having a "Media Scanner Running" problem with.

Had same problem after latest update. This solution fixed it. Thanks!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language