The Galaxy Tab Forum: GPS Navigation Apps for Philippines? - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GPS Navigation Apps for Philippines? For Philippine map

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:34 PM (#1) User is offline   thepope 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members

Im new to the galaxy tab p1000 and saw it on youtube that you can use it as a gps navigator, do you know what good apps out there that can be use for navigation? im currently using google maps its great but there is no voice/audio that alerts me when to turn while driving in the philippines.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:14 PM (#2) User is offline   Moderator Blast 

• Lady Super Moderator
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • LocationKent UK
  • Device Size:I have more than one device. See my Signature
  • Device Model Number:See my Signature
  • Android Version:See my Signature

View Postthepope, on 20 November 2011 - 09:34 PM, said:

Im new to the galaxy tab p1000 and saw it on youtube that you can use it as a gps navigator, do you know what good apps out there that can be use for navigation? im currently using google maps its great but there is no voice/audio that alerts me when to turn while driving in the philippines.

Hi thepope

You P1000 should already have a stock App for Navigation on board and you should also be able to access the Android market to see what other apps are available to you.
In the UK our members highly rate "Co-pilot" and most use it as their chosen navigation app, however I cannot say if this is available to you in the Philippines.

The good thing is that we have hundreds of members in here from your Country, so I expect it won't be long before a much more helpful answer comes your way.
Posted Image
Posted Image
GT-N5100 Note 8.0 4.4.2 (2013) -- GT-i9300 4.3 JB (2012) -- GT-P6200(IR)3.2 (2012) -- GT-P1000 Overcome Rom 4.1 GB 2.3.6 (2010) -- Kindle (2011)

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:33 PM (#3) User is offline   thepope 

• Pip

View PostModerator Blast, on 20 November 2011 - 10:14 PM, said:

Hi thepope

You P1000 should already have a stock App for Navigation on board and you should also be able to access the Android market to see what other apps are available to you.
In the UK our members highly rate "Co-pilot" and most use it as their chosen navigation app, however I cannot say if this is available to you in the Philippines.

The good thing is that we have hundreds of members in here from your Country, so I expect it won't be long before a much more helpful answer comes your way.

Wow Glad to hear from the Moderators :D i've tried the android market and been reading some of the post and found out that co-pilot is frequently recommended, I've tried searching the market regarding copilot and i only get Europe UK USA AUS NZ and other countries But no philippine maps supported =)) so funny lol have not seen my country.

Google maps is good for me but i really wish it was audio supported so that i will not be keep on looking on the map while im driving =)).

Thanks and more power to www.thegalaxytabforum.com!

i will still be hunting for that audio supported navigation app :D

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:48 AM (#4) User is offline   kosdora 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationManila, Philippines
  • Device Size:7-Inch Original
  • Device Model Number:GT-P1000
  • Android Version:Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device

Hi pope, if you're looking for FREE gps apps, I have yet to see one useful here in the Philippines. The apps that would work are paid apps unfortunately. If you do find one useful here in the Phils, I would be so interested to know as well. =)
Don't Be ..... Unknown(SAD)

Please Edit your Profile

Galaxy Tab Model : 7-Inch Original
Galaxy Tab Number : GT-P1000
Android Version : Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox