The Galaxy Tab Forum: Daylight Savings Time Issue? - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Daylight Savings Time Issue?

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:53 AM (#1) User is offline   MelYow 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members

Would anyone have a suggestion: I noticed today that my calendar, which syncs to my work calendar, has moved all my upcoming appointments ahead by almost 18 hours. So, an appointment scheduled for 9:30am Monday, Nov 7, is now listed as 2:30am, Tuesday, Nov 8. Interestingly, if I click on the appointment to edit it, the From and To dates and times are correct. However on the edit event screen, directly below the From box howing Mon, Nov 7, 2011, is a text line stating Tue, Nov 8, 2011. The original appointment time of 9:30 is correct, but directly below is a text stating 2:30am, GMT+9:00. This is true for every appointment going forward. I tried setting the system time manually. I also tried re-syncing multiple times, both in Wi-Fi and from the carrier (Verizon). Nothing has helped. I'd appreciate any help out there.
Mel 11/6/11

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:03 AM (#2) User is offline   MelYow 

• Pip

OOPS ... found my own solution. The calendar showed all appointments 17 hours into the future. I am in the Pacific Time zone. The appointments on the calendar are in the time zone for Soeul Korea. So, I changed my location first to Korea. Then I changed my location back to Pacific Standard Time, and all the appointments in the calendar moved back to where they should have been on the calendar. Not sure why this happened ... Android hiccuped when daylight savings time changed???? Anyway, problem solved. Hope this helps someone out there.

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:58 AM (#3) User is offline   ErinB 

• Pip

Same thing happened to both of ours and we've wasted so much time trying to figure out why. Thanks for posting this solution!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language