The Galaxy Tab Forum: Email Problems - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
  • 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Email Problems

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:50 PM (#1) User is offline   Rosalie 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • LocationMissouri, U.S.A.
  • Device Size:Unknown (SAD)
  • Device Model Number:Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device
  • Android Version:Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device

For email, I used the 'Other' emails and just put in my email address and that became my default. Not sure how that works, but it's not the common provider like Gmail/Yahoo, etc. It works fine for me except when I delete emails to clear out the Inbox, those same emails will come back next day or week. I can clear it out last thing at night and next morning I will have 50 emails that I had deleted earlier back in the Inbox. I suppose this has to do with leaving mail on the server or something like that on my home computer. Is there any way to permanently delete emails??? Or is it necessary to do that? In talking to a Samsung tech support agent, he said he has a Galaxy Tab and has never deleted the emails. What do you think? I'd like to get this resolved so I can have a good feeling about how this should be treated. Thanks.

Rosalie
Northwest Missouri
Don't Be ..... Unknown(SAD)

Please Edit your Profile

Galaxy Tab Model : Unknown(SAD)
Galaxy Tab Number : Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device
Android Version : Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:34 PM (#2) User is offline   Moderator Blast 

• Lady Super Moderator
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • LocationKent UK
  • Device Size:I have more than one device. See my Signature
  • Device Model Number:See my Signature
  • Android Version:See my Signature

View PostRosalie, on 10 October 2011 - 01:50 PM, said:

For email, I used the 'Other' emails and just put in my email address and that became my default. Not sure how that works, but it's not the common provider like Gmail/Yahoo, etc. It works fine for me except when I delete emails to clear out the Inbox, those same emails will come back next day or week. I can clear it out last thing at night and next morning I will have 50 emails that I had deleted earlier back in the Inbox. I suppose this has to do with leaving mail on the server or something like that on my home computer. Is there any way to permanently delete emails??? Or is it necessary to do that? In talking to a Samsung tech support agent, he said he has a Galaxy Tab and has never deleted the emails. What do you think? I'd like to get this resolved so I can have a good feeling about how this should be treated. Thanks.

Rosalie
Northwest Missouri

Hi Rosalie,

You have guessed correctly, in that if you are receiving your emails via POP3 the will not be deleted from your trash box until they have been deleted from your main server. I only delete emails on my Tab and from the Tab trash bin, once I have had a good clear out on my home pc.
If you get into a habit of clearing your pc emails on a regular basis, then just clear your Tab out once you have done that. This is a pain especially when you are away but they don't take up much memory so don't worry.

Regards

Blast :angel:
Posted Image
Posted Image
GT5100 Note 4.1.2 (2013) -- GT-i9300 4.3 JB (2012) -- GT-P6200(IR)3.2 (2012) -- GT-P1000 Overcome Rom 4.1 GB 2.3.6 (2010) -- Kindle (2011)

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:33 AM (#3) User is offline   kona celeste 

• Pip

Just got my Galaxy Tab 8.9" & just love it. Except that I can't get my Outlook mail! I am sure that I have the right password for my email account, but I keep getting this message: "Setup could not finish. Unable to connect server." I have a roadrunner email address hawaii.rr.com
I've tried using all three account types: POP3, IMAP & MEA. Thought POP3 should be it, as that is what I use in GMail to POP the mail from Outlook. I'm seeing my email on the GMail set up on the GT, but I like to look at the Outlook mail, because I have a much more limited volume of mail sent to my roadrunner acct, so it is easier to wade through. Anyone have a suggestion??? Aloha for your help!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:29 PM (#4) User is offline   kona celeste 

• Pip

Here's the solution that I came up with, in case there are any other roadrunner.com folks using the GT. I remembered that roadrunner (my internet provider) has a webmail service (which I had never used before,) so I went to the site: https://webmail.roadrunner.com/ then tapped the star beside the email address, then chose to put it on my desktop...and Bob's Your Uncle! :yahoo:

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:32 PM (#5) User is offline   h7oss 

• Pip

Hi All,
I setup my company exchane mail server on my galaxy tab 8.9 3g wifi. I found that not all my mails downloaded to my tablet i deleted the mail account and created it again and i faced the same problem. I have my exchange server on my galaxy s 2 working fine and on another two windows laptop and i do not have this problem.
Please help

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:32 PM (#6) User is offline   Finkswitch 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNorth Bay, Ontario
  • Device Size:10.1
  • Device Model Number:GT-P7500 & GT-P7510
  • Android Version:4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich

View Posth7oss, on 08 November 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

Hi All,
I setup my company exchane mail server on my galaxy tab 8.9 3g wifi. I found that not all my mails downloaded to my tablet i deleted the mail account and created it again and i faced the same problem. I have my exchange server on my galaxy s 2 working fine and on another two windows laptop and i do not have this problem.
Please help

The default mail settings for the Tab are to only download 3 days worth. Check the settings, there should be a spot to change what emails get downloaded. You should be able pic a number of days, or even just sync everything. Just keep in mind, this can take a long time to download if you have a lot of email.

-Fink
Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 & GT P7510 Android 4.0.4 ICS

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:32 PM (#7) User is offline   h7oss 

• Pip

Thank u Finkswitch, i changed the setting to download all mail. But it shows only few mails from my old mails. Also i kept ot open for hours to download all the mails but nothing changes too :(

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:12 AM (#8) User is offline   yellowduck 

• Pip

I set up a personal email pop3 account and also a microsoft exchange account a week ago, and both work fine. However today when I got in, I found the exchange server account had been deleted and was not there. It was as though it had never been set up. The pop3 personal account was still there and working.
I have now re set up the exchange account, but I am wondering how long it will be before it 'self deletes' the account again!!!

Any thought?

Cheers Martin

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:19 PM (#9) User is offline   Paul the techy 

• Pip

Hello,
I have a rather odd problem with IMAP function within the email app. We use all sorts of devices to remotely access emails out of the office and have always used IMAP to do so. iphone, nokia, laptops etc all work fine but this galaxy 8.9 just wont get the emails!

The connection is all fine, the settings im sure are correct. When I create the email account all of the inbox folders and subfolders are downloaded without a problem, but emails sit at 0/0. No emails will download at all, but I can send fine!
POP3 works perfectly but will not give me folders.

The problem also happens when i'm connected to the office wifi so i've ruled out the ISP as the problem.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:58 PM (#10) User is offline   SimonB 

• Pip

On a brand new Galaxy Tab 8.9 I have problems with the standard email app. I am trying to sync an imap account. The setting info is correct - I deleted and re-entered the account details several times. What happens is that the app seems to connect fine to the server and all folders show up. However, not a single email is downloaded in any folder (incl the inbox). Tapping on the sync symbol does nothing. It always says 0/0 emails.

Finally, I installed K9 and everything works just fine: Connects and downloads emails. However, given that K9 is designed for smaller screens I would like to use the standard email app. Anybody any ideas what could cause the failure to download emails in this app?

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:13 PM (#11) User is offline   mattholton 

• Pip

hi, i use imap to view my emails on the tablet. The function works ok, however i am unable to download the attachments. Im sure this did work, but am now unable to fix.

Can any one help.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:25 AM (#12) User is offline   spacecake 

• Pip

Hey everyone,

So my dad got a galaxy tab 8.9 for his birthday and it is driving him nuts that he can't get it to work.
I'm making this help-book for him where he can find the answer to his problems when I'm at uni.

Only there's one problem I can't find the answer to.
He received this email and he wanted to save the powerpoint to his tab, only this wont work. He could open the powerpoint but there was no save button to save it to his device.

Can anyone help?

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:51 AM (#13) User is offline   Bart Laroc 

• Relaxed Moderator
  • LocationBristol, UK
  • Device Size:7-Inch Original
  • Device Model Number:GT-P1000
  • Android Version:2.3.6 Gingerbread

if the email is received in the stock email application, it should show a paperclip - the attachment name - then an icon (little black thing in a square),
tap that & the attachment will be saved in "Download" folder & should also display on the Tab after
(deleting the email, will still leave the attachment in the download folder & can be viewed from there or deleted when you want)

if the email is received in the Gmail application, it should show a paperclip - the attachment name - then a choice to download or preview,
preview just displays the attachment, you need to download if you want to save it to the Tab

(you will need a powerpoint viewer on the Tab, think free office, will open a powerpoint file)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hope you Registered your Product
Samsung Support, Create a Samsung Account, Register your Product
(settings, about device, status, scroll down for Serial Number)

also download the User Manual, much better than the Quick Start supplied
& Kies software for your PC
Posted Image
Galaxy Tab 7-inch, GT-P1000, Overcome v4.1.0 Android Gingerbread 2.3.6, P1000XWJQ8

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:30 PM (#14) User is offline   Ronnie 17 

• Pip

When receiving emails all previous emails disappear. They actually vanish from my tablet. Not any where to be found. Has anyone experienced this.? I have installed email settings again. Help!
Galaxy Tab 8.9

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:09 PM (#15) User is offline   Bart Laroc 

• Relaxed Moderator
  • LocationBristol, UK

View PostRonnie 17, on 17 April 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

When receiving emails all previous emails disappear. They actually vanish from my tablet. Not any where to be found. Has anyone experienced this.? I have installed email settings again. Help!

is the problem with 'The Stock Email' App, 'Gmail' App, or a 3rd part 'Email' App
Posted Image
Galaxy Tab 7-inch, GT-P1000, Overcome v4.1.0 Android Gingerbread 2.3.6, P1000XWJQ8

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:57 AM (#16) User is offline   Mark wallace 

• Pip

View PostPaul the techy, on 29 February 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

Hello,
I have a rather odd problem with IMAP function within the email app. We use all sorts of devices to remotely access emails out of the office and have always used IMAP to do so. iphone, nokia, laptops etc all work fine but this galaxy 8.9 just wont get the emails!

The connection is all fine, the settings im sure are correct. When I create the email account all of the inbox folders and subfolders are downloaded without a problem, but emails sit at 0/0. No emails will download at all, but I can send fine!
POP3 works perfectly but will not give me folders.

The problem also happens when i'm connected to the office wifi so i've ruled out the ISP as the problem.

Paul

did you get any solution to this issue - I have it as well! Can download using alternative IMAP clients - it is just the Galaxy tab email program that is the issue!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:28 PM (#17) User is offline   DowntownJayBrown 

• Pip

View PostRonnie 17, on 17 April 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

I am having this exact same problem with my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. I am using the stock email application to check POP3 mail. Every time I download emails to my desktop (using Outlook) all emails on the tablet dissapear. There doesn't seem to be anything in email settings to fix this...

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:02 AM (#18) User is offline   Bart Laroc 

• Relaxed Moderator
  • LocationBristol, UK

View PostDowntownJayBrown, on 27 April 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

I am having this exact same problem with my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. I am using the stock email application to check POP3 mail. Every time I download emails to my desktop (using Outlook) all emails on the tablet dissapear. There doesn't seem to be anything in email settings to fix this...

see possible solution :- http://support.4smar...g-from-my-phone
Posted Image

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:56 AM (#19) User is offline   Tom Cruise 

• Pip

View Postmattholton, on 18 March 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

hi, i use imap to view my emails on the tablet. The function works ok, however i am unable to download the attachments. Im sure this did work, but am now unable to fix.

Can any one help.

The only email attachments I am able to view or to save are the ones that are sent to the initially setup Google account. No other email accounts, including another Google account set up later, seem to handle the email attachments.

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:10 PM (#20) User is offline   GB1974 

• Pip

I have a tab 8.9 GT-P7310MA and the official hotmail app keeps giving an error saying the the app is forced to close.

anyone have a suggestion for a better hotmail app or settings change?

thx
GB
Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7310

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language