The Galaxy Tab Forum: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 gets slow - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 gets slow

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:57 PM (#1) User is offline   SamsungGalaxyTab10.1 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members

Hello dear Tab fans and users

I'm a Samsung Galaxy Tab User since two now and thus I'm from Germany I had quite some problems to fetch one of the last tabs and in addition to find myself some equipment for it.
As I am a Mac User I had several difficulties to connect the tablet to kies but in the end I managed.
I must say, that it is one of the best tablets out there till now but at the beginning of this week the tablet started to get real slow. Using the browser (I downloaded the Dolphin HD browser, as I was used to it from my Galaxy SII) and also just scrolling from one to another Homescreen.

I'm using the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (GT-P7500) without a simlock (at the moment I am using the German T-mobile simcard), it has 16GB flash and is on Android 3.1.
It is not flashed as I do not want to give up the chance of giving it back.
I am using 2GB at the moment, free space is at 11.81GB.

I already deleted the cache with the Android Assistent and I tried everything that works out on my SGSII but the tab is still real slow.

For example at the beginning it took me about 1,5 Seconds to load google now it takes like forever and on my homescreen I got the clock and the weather widget. They always used to pop up right after I unlocked the tab. Not they are vanished for some seconds before they appear on the screen and then it is bucking a lot while trying to get to another screen.

The only Problem I can think of is that my five screens are totally full with pictures, widgets and app icons. Might this be the Problem? But actually that would suck as I have 8 Screens on my SGSII and its still fast like shit after almost 4 Month now.

That would be question number two. Is there any possibility of adding an addition screen to the tablet (5 screens at the beginning) or do I have to flash it first or install a launcher (cause the launchers I saw so far sucked for the 10.1 Tab.)

I would be really Happy if you could help me out here.
Thanks already

Greetings from Germany (where the world best tab is forbidden) and please excuse my mistakes ;)

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:18 PM (#2) User is offline   wizz 

• Superman Moderator
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • LocationUK
  • Device Size:7-Inch Original
  • Device Model Number:GT-P1000
  • Android Version:2.3.3 Gingerbread

Have you tried re-booting it ? ie. Turning it completely Off, then On again........just in case you have a memory leakage problem.
Posted Image

Galaxy Tab 7" wifi & 3g (GT-P1000) Gingerbread 2.3.3
Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 wifi (SM-T310) Kitkat 4.4.2

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:37 PM (#3) User is offline   SamsungGalaxyTab10.1 

• Pip

Sorry for my late response.v

I have been working till now.

To answer your question yes I have been tuting it on and off quite often. I have also been uncharging it and charging it again several times. As i said i wiped the cache twice and i really don't know what else i could do!

But thank you for your fast reply.

Best regards

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:36 PM (#4) User is offline   Barttos 

• PipPip
  • LocationTilburg, The Netherlands
  • Device Size:10.1
  • Device Model Number:GT-P7510
  • Android Version:3.1 Honeycomb

I kinda got a similar problem.
I perceive my GT 10.1 as rather slow. (GT-7510, 16GB) I did put the active processes widget on my homescreen, but nothing is really running, maybe 1 or 2 apps.
Or maybe I set my expectations too high....

Galaxy Tab Model : 10.1
Galaxy Tab Number : GT-P7510
Android Version : 3.1 Honeycomb

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:59 PM (#5) User is offline   milty 

• Pip

mine was a screamer until the last verizon update. then it slowed way down. I think that some of the software that I have loaded is in serious conflict with the latest update. I am going to do a re-set and re-load and see if it speeds things up. I have sent more crash reports to google in the past week than I did in the past year with my galaxy 7

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language