The Galaxy Tab Forum: Restoring used Galaxy to factory settings - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Restoring used Galaxy to factory settings

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:59 PM (#1) User is offline   madwards 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members

I'm new to android and still don't fully understand all the rooting and unlocking stuff, mainly because I just acquired this tablet from my friend but we can't get it to boot past the verizon wireless splash screen. He said it's worked before and after he did a factory reset from within the OS.

I need to know the simplest way to restore the device to a factory setting so that it will at least boot an OS (any OS version, I don't care what it is). I know how to get to the system recovery and download screens while booting, but that's about it. Can somebody give me step by step instructions and let me know what files I need to make this thing load. It's a galaxy tab 7 (SCH1800).

All of the answers I've found online seem to be geared to people with rooting and flashing experience that are looking to revert back to a previous working state. I need this to get to ANY working state.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:46 AM (#2) User is offline   dutinske 

• PipPip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • LocationU.S.A.

View Postmadwards, on 14 August 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

I'm new to android and still don't fully understand all the rooting and unlocking stuff, mainly because I just acquired this tablet from my friend but we can't get it to boot past the verizon wireless splash screen. He said it's worked before and after he did a factory reset from within the OS.

I need to know the simplest way to restore the device to a factory setting so that it will at least boot an OS (any OS version, I don't care what it is). I know how to get to the system recovery and download screens while booting, but that's about it. Can somebody give me step by step instructions and let me know what files I need to make this thing load. It's a galaxy tab 7 (SCH1800).

All of the answers I've found online seem to be geared to people with rooting and flashing experience that are looking to revert back to a previous working state. I need this to get to ANY working state.

Note: These steps clear data from the device. SD card data like your photos and music are not erased unless you choose to format the SD card.

1. With the device off, press and hold Volume Up and Power.

2. Release the Power button when you see the Samsung logo, but continue to hold Volume Up until the recovery screen appears.

3. Use the Volume buttons to navigate the menu and select wipe data / factory reset. Press Home to choose the selection.

4. Press Volume Up continue.

The Galaxy Tab should then go through the hard reset process.

If you have access to the OS, you can also perform a hard reset in Settings.

1. Open the Settings app.

2. Select Privacy.

3. Choose Factory data reset.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic