The Galaxy Tab Forum: Todays "GTAB - DID YOU KNOW" - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
  • 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Todays "GTAB - DID YOU KNOW" Helpful User tips from the Mods.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:50 PM (#81) User is offline   Moderator Blast 

• Lady Super Moderator
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • LocationKent UK
  • Device Size:I have more than one device. See my Signature
  • Device Model Number:See my Signature
  • Android Version:See my Signature

Having problems with your CAMERA APP freezing

Try this simple solution.......
Press and hold on the Home icon at the bottom until the Task manager window pops up,
close active applications,
tap Ram Manager, Clear Memory, re-boot your Galaxy Tab

Thanks Bart Laroc
Posted Image
Posted Image
S6Edge SM-G925F (2016) -- GT-N5100 Note 8.0 4.4.2 (2013) -- GT-i9300 4.3 JB (2012) -- GT-P6200(IR)3.2 (2012) -- GT-P1000 Overcome Rom 4.1 GB 2.3.6 (2010)

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:52 PM (#82) User is offline   Moderator Blast 

• Lady Super Moderator
  • LocationKent UK
  • Device Size:I have more than one device. See my Signature
  • Device Model Number:See my Signature
  • Android Version:See my Signature

Wifi Router connections on your tablets explained

Maybe there is a bit of a misunderstanding on how wifi works.

The first time ever you enable wifi, the tablet scans and looks for wifi hotspots and displays the results on the screen. Just because they show up does not necessarily mean you are connected to them - it's just a list of available hotspots at the time your tablet scans for them.

Then, assuming one of those hotspots is your router, you click on it and if it is secured, you will be prompted to enter the password to connect to it. Once it sucessfully connects, the tablet remembers that connection and associated password for future connections. If you happen to drive 100 miles away from home, you will likely have a new set of available hotspots for that area, but your tablet will still display your remembered hotspot although it shows "not in range" because it is now too far away.

Now let's say you get a new router to replace your current one. Even if you power down your old router, your tablet will still display it because it is "remembered" (but will always show as out of range). To get rid of the old one, simply "forget" it and it will no longer show up when the tablet re-scans for hotspots (assuming it is still powered down).

Or, let's say you are still using the same router, but you changed the password. The tablet will try to re-connect to it using its remembered values, but will fail because the password changed. You would have to modify the network configuration, or simply "forget" the old one so that the tablet unsaves the old associated password. Even though your router has been "forgotten" it just means the settings are wiped out, but the router itself will still show up as an available hotspot because it is physically still present. "Forgetting" it does not tell your tablet to not show that hotspot anymore, just to forget the associated saved password. You would then try to reattach to it and you would be prompted for a new password.

FYI: Some passwords are case-sensitive. My old router would accept a password entered with incorrect case characters, but my new router will not. Meaning: if my password is "PaSSword", my old router would accept "password" but the new router needs to have the password entered exactly as "PaSSword". Not sure if this is the case with all routers, but it's best practice to be exact when dealing with passwords.

Also, in case there is some confusion between the terms hotspot, switch/hub. and router:

- A router basically separates two networks; the WAN (the internet) and LAN (your home network). This is so you can have many computers/devices on your home network even though your ISP only assigns you one IP address. A stand-alone router has nothing to do with wifi whatsoever. There are other functions which a router performs, but I want to keep this simple.

- A switch or hub is a device that connects various computers/devices together from a single point via wired ethernet cable. A hub (not common anymore) is "dumb" whereas a switch is "smarter" - but they basically do the same thing. Again, a stand-alone switch has nothing to do with wifi whatsoever.

- A wifi hotspot can be thought of as a switch that doesn't use wires. It wirelessly connects computers/devices from a single point. Since the data is transmitted over the air (where anyone can see them), there is added password-protected encryption so that your neighbor can't access the devices on your network.

It is common to have some or all of these devices are combined into one unit. Your typical wifi unit actually consists of a router, and then a wifi hotspot and multi-port switch (usually around 4 ports) on the LAN side. To avoid confusion, such devices are simply called wifi routers but you may see them referred to in different ways.

Note that these routers, switches, and wifi hotspots are also available as three discrete devices,and there are other network devices like firewalls, adapters, wifi range extenders/repeaters, etc, but again, I wanted to keep it simple and stick to the main typical devices.

Thanks to member BrianG for his hard work putting this together
Posted Image
Posted Image
S6Edge SM-G925F (2016) -- GT-N5100 Note 8.0 4.4.2 (2013) -- GT-i9300 4.3 JB (2012) -- GT-P6200(IR)3.2 (2012) -- GT-P1000 Overcome Rom 4.1 GB 2.3.6 (2010)

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:39 PM (#83) User is offline   Bart Laroc 

• Relaxed Moderator
  • LocationBristol, UK
  • Device Size:7-Inch Original
  • Device Model Number:GT-P1000
  • Android Version:2.3.6 Gingerbread

How to manually install Flash Player on Android ICS & Jellybean devices
(see end of post for : Update for Android KitKat)

Make sure your Android device is connected to the Internet.

Open the Settings menu.

Select Security (or Applications, on older Android OSs).

Place a checkmark next to the "Unknown sources" check box.

Tap OK to confirm your selection.

Close Settings.

Launch the browser.

Search for Flash Player Help / Archived Flash Player versions or navigate directly to :- http://helpx.adobe.c...r-versions.html

On the Archive page, scroll down to Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives
(these are for Android 4.+)

Select Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.81)

Tap the link to download the Flash Player installer. Download begins automatically.

When download completes, close the browser.

Open Notifications.

Tap "install_flash_player.apk"

When prompted, tap Install.

When installation is finished, tap Done.

Browser Choice Chrome Browser does NOT support ADobe Flash Player

see : Play Store : Dolphin Browser :- https://play.google....nyBrowser&hl=en

In your Dolphin Browser,
Press the icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Select the menu icon.
Choose the settings option.
Select the user agent option.
Set the user agent to desktop, and then press the back button. (Don’t leave the settings menu)

Now that you changed the user agent, it’s time to enable Flash support.
Dolphin defaults to having Adobe Flash disabled, and you need to change this option in the settings menu.

Scroll down and select the Web Content option.
Find the Flash option and select it.
Change it from off to either Always On or On Demand (Always On, starts video automatically, On Demand, shows an arrow to tap & start video)

-----------------------------------------------------

[EDIT] Update for Android KitKat

for Android KitKat download : Adobe_Flash_Player_11.1.apk :- http://www.devfiles....Player_11.1.apk

Dolphin Browser for Android :- https://play.google....nyBrowser&hl=en

Video :- http://www.thedailyn...kitkat-how.html

(link in video does not work, use link above:)

Posted Image
Galaxy Tab 7-inch, GT-P1000, Overcome v4.1.0 Android Gingerbread 2.3.6, P1000XWJQ8

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language