The Galaxy Tab Forum: Email Problems - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
  • 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Email Problems

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:08 PM (#1) User is offline   SevengerNC 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNorth Carolina, U.S.A.
  • Device Size:Unknown (SAD)
  • Device Model Number:Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device
  • Android Version:Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device

Ias it possible to select some or all of your pics in the gallery and email them ?
Thx
Don't Be ..... Unknown(SAD)

Please Edit your Profile

Galaxy Tab Model : Unknown(SAD)
Galaxy Tab Number : Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device
Android Version : Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:48 AM (#2) User is offline   Frustrated one. 

• Pip
  • LocationDorset, UK

Just got a WiFi only Tab. This works okay at home with my BT Home Hub, but whenever I travel abroad it refuses to send replies and has difficulty recognising the hotel Wi Fi, even if the signal is good. This was the whole point of buying the Tab, so I am a bit frustrated! The Tab does not ask for a User Name and password at the hotel, which my old laptop used to do. Any ideas? I am sure it is curable by set up, or do I have to open a g mail account for it to work? When I return home the Tab sends out the e mails automatically, without me having to sign in or do anything. Problem is, this is several days later, when things have moved on......

Please Edit your Profile

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:44 PM (#3) User is offline   Moderator Blast 

• Lady Super Moderator
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • LocationKent UK
  • Device Size:I have more than one device. See my Signature
  • Device Model Number:See my Signature
  • Android Version:See my Signature

View PostFrustrated one., on 31 July 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

Just got a WiFi only Tab. This works okay at home with my BT Home Hub, but whenever I travel abroad it refuses to send replies and has difficulty recognising the hotel Wi Fi, even if the signal is good. This was the whole point of buying the Tab, so I am a bit frustrated! The Tab does not ask for a User Name and password at the hotel, which my old laptop used to do. Any ideas? I am sure it is curable by set up, or do I have to open a g mail account for it to work? When I return home the Tab sends out the e mails automatically, without me having to sign in or do anything. Problem is, this is several days later, when things have moved on......

Hi frustrated one, I am not as up to date on the 10.1 as the P1000 which I have, but I can give you a solution which may work or not. When I am aborad I go to Settings-wifi settings-add wifi Ntwks, the tab will then scan and should find the hotel BB and you will then just have to put in the WEP key to connect.
One thing I can tell you about is free BB access everywhere in the UK for you as a BT customer. Search for my post on BTFON and you will learn everything you need.
Also, I'm sorry to say but if Email was so important to you, perhaps you should exchange you wifi only for a wifi plus phone Tab. That way you can get email and search the web anywhere using 3G.

Hope I've helped a little

Blast :angel:
Posted Image
Posted Image
GT5100 Note 4.1.2 (2013) -- GT-i9300 4.3 JB (2012) -- GT-P6200(IR)3.2 (2012) -- GT-P1000 Overcome Rom 4.1 GB 2.3.6 (2010) -- Kindle (2011)

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:44 PM (#4) User is offline   ronnied 

• Pip
  • LocationCalifornia, U.S.A.
  • Device Size:10.1

can you have multiple accounts setup on the gal 10.1 tablet with the stock email app? or do I have to download a different app and I use one and my wife use another? we each have comcast POP3 email accounts.\

ronnied

Please Edit your Profile

Galaxy Tab Model : 10.1

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:49 AM (#5) User is offline   bill_enh 

• PipPip
  • LocationNew Hampshire, U.S.A.

View Postronnied, on 12 August 2011 - 08:44 PM, said:

can you have multiple accounts setup on the gal 10.1 tablet with the stock email app? or do I have to download a different app and I use one and my wife use another? we each have comcast POP3 email accounts.\

ronnied

Yes, the stock email app will handle multiple accounts. I use it for two Into accounts myself.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk

Please Edit your Profile

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:44 PM (#6) User is offline   Cindy 

• Pip
  • LocationGeorgia, U.S.A.

I have my work email set up on my Tab. Suddenly while I was on vacation 2 weeks my co-workers started getting blank emails from me. The distribution lists and Subject Lines were from very old emails (over a year old or more). But there was no text in the message. Hundreds of them were going out. A coworker got ahold of me and to make a long story short and skip all the things we tried on my work PC.... when I deleted the mail account on my Tab the emails stopped going out. I tried to figure out what might have caused it and everyone kept telling me that it couldn't possibly be my Exchange email on my Tab. So, this week I tried setting up my mail account on the Tab again. Well, almost immediately I saw emails flying out that I was not sending. Same situation. No text in the body of it. But the Subject Lines and distribution lists were from old emails. In fact, the same exact emails that got sent out the last time.

Do I have a virus on the Tab? All the antivirus programs I have downloaded say I don't. I really hate to not be able to have both work and personaly email on my Tab! Any ideas what it might be? A co-worker said I may have to reimage my Tab. Can you even do that?

Puzzled in Atlanta,

Cindy

Please Edit your Profile

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:11 AM (#7) User is offline   goofylogic98 

• Pip
  • LocationAlabama, U.S.A.

I am very new to this whole tablet thing i got one because as a teacher, it was a good tool for me to carry around for grade books and such what i need is a good email/contacts manager program that will allow me to establish a group of contacts, up to 51, that i can email simultaniously i use gmail and when i sync my tab 10.1 i can start typing a name, but i cant figure out how to make a disto list is this possible with the standard apps on the galaxy 10 or is there apps out there to do this?

Please Edit your Profile

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:39 AM (#8) User is offline   Bart Laroc 

• Relaxed Moderator
  • LocationBristol, UK
  • Device Size:7-Inch Original
  • Device Model Number:GT-P1000
  • Android Version:2.3.6 Gingerbread

with the stock "Contacts" app it is only possible to select a group & add them individually, which will be a bit tiresome if your working with large groups

there are several alternative "Contacts" apps in Android.Market, for example "Go Contacts" allows you to select a group & "batch" email to "All" in the group
(install new app with stock app still active & present contacts/groups are auto copied to it)
Posted Image
Galaxy Tab 7-inch, GT-P1000, Overcome v4.1.0 Android Gingerbread 2.3.6, P1000XWJQ8

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:16 PM (#9) User is offline   Lost_odeassy 

• Pip
  • LocationAd Dawhah, Qatar

View PostCindy, on 15 September 2011 - 11:44 PM, said:

I have my work email set up on my Tab. Suddenly while I was on vacation 2 weeks my co-workers started getting blank emails from me. The distribution lists and Subject Lines were from very old emails (over a year old or more). But there was no text in the message. Hundreds of them were going out. A coworker got ahold of me and to make a long story short and skip all the things we tried on my work PC.... when I deleted the mail account on my Tab the emails stopped going out. I tried to figure out what might have caused it and everyone kept telling me that it couldn't possibly be my Exchange email on my Tab. So, this week I tried setting up my mail account on the Tab again. Well, almost immediately I saw emails flying out that I was not sending. Same situation. No text in the body of it. But the Subject Lines and distribution lists were from old emails. In fact, the same exact emails that got sent out the last time.

Do I have a virus on the Tab? All the antivirus programs I have downloaded say I don't. I really hate to not be able to have both work and personaly email on my Tab! Any ideas what it might be? A co-worker said I may have to reimage my Tab. Can you even do that?

Puzzled in Atlanta,

Cindy

Hi Cindy,
I had similar issue, where by after I issue an email to my work on exchange, the tab 10.1 issues blank email of 4 KB with subject line to same party again.

I have since removed exchange account from my tab but no solution

Which ROM do you have, have you used custom rom?

Appreciate if other users can share solution

Please Edit your Profile

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:49 PM (#10) User is offline   Cindy 

• Pip
  • LocationGeorgia, U.S.A.

View PostLost_odeassy, on 20 September 2011 - 06:16 PM, said:

Hi Cindy,
I had similar issue, where by after I issue an email to my work on exchange, the tab 10.1 issues blank email of 4 KB with subject line to same party again.

I have since removed exchange account from my tab but no solution

Which ROM do you have, have you used custom rom?

Appreciate if other users can share solution

I don't have a custom ROM. I am not sure how to tell what ROM I do have. If you can tell me how to see that I will post it here. Since my last post I removed all the apps that I loaded the day this started happening and tried Exchange email again. But, the exact same thing happened. In my case the blank emails are related to email subject lines and distributions that I sent over 2 years ago before I even had my Tab 10.1. So, I've removed it again. When the emails started going out they were showing up on the screend and then disappearing one after another and weren't related to me sending mail at all. Very disappointing to not be able to do my work email on the Tab after a month or two of it working perfectly. Could my Tab be infected with some sort of Android virus? I've run scans from anti virus apps. Nothing shows.

Please Edit your Profile

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:40 PM (#11) User is offline   jespy 

• Pip
  • LocationColorado, U.S.A.

I just purchased my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and set up my email thru my exchange server at work. I had access to all emails for 2 days and then suddenly the account was gone. I've tried to set it back up but continue to get the same error message indicating "unable to connect to server". My HTC phone has connection to my emails so I'm not sure what the problem is. Anyone have an idea on where to direct me for a solution. Thanks! Jespy

Please Edit your Profile

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:55 AM (#12) User is offline   leekb 

• PipPip
  • LocationIllinois, U.S.A.
  • Device Model Number:GT-P7500
  • Android Version:3.1 Honeycomb

After setting up the Exchange account I could not even see any emails. I am seeing "Loading..." in both the email and folder panes. I googled around and it seems to be a common issue. In short, I could not get Exchange mail working in my Tab 10.1. Exchange is working fine on my other devices - a Tab 7, and Galaxy S2.

Model: GT-P7500, Android 3.1
Build Number: HMJ37 P7500DXKI2

Galaxy Tab Number : GT-P7500
Android Version : 3.1 Honeycomb

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:16 PM (#13) User is offline   dschribs 

• Pip
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

I was able to assign Yahoo Mail as my default e mail last night. So now when I hit the "Mail" icon - my Yahoo e mail account pops up. Nice.

One problem though - when I went to send my first e mail - none of my contacts are showing up?? Usually (on my PC) a pop up window opens that lists all my contacts. I check who I want to send the email to and I'm good to go. Not in this case...

- One other issue - when I delete e mail from my Galaxy, they don't delete from my e mail account on my (PC).

Any suggestions??

I use the Yahoo e mail app on my Droid which works great. However, because it's not optimized for a tablet, when I use it on my Galaxy, the font is so small I can barely see it. I mean it's borderline microscopic.

Wish yahoo would make a tablet oriented e mail app...

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Please Edit your Profile

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:49 PM (#14) User is offline   Bart Laroc 

• Relaxed Moderator
  • LocationBristol, UK

download the Yahoo! Mail App
when you go into compose an Email, tap "To": put in recipient, tap "Subject": enter subject
tap the Text Entry part, tap the large T between email & keyboard, tap the large A, tap the largest of the 3 A's that you see, then enter the text you want in the Email
Posted Image
Galaxy Tab 7-inch, GT-P1000, Overcome v4.1.0 Android Gingerbread 2.3.6, P1000XWJQ8

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:02 PM (#15) User is offline   Finkswitch 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNorth Bay, Ontario
  • Device Model Number:GT-P7500 & GT-P7510
  • Android Version:4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich

View Postjespy, on 12 October 2011 - 05:40 PM, said:

I just purchased my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and set up my email thru my exchange server at work. I had access to all emails for 2 days and then suddenly the account was gone. I've tried to set it back up but continue to get the same error message indicating "unable to connect to server". My HTC phone has connection to my emails so I'm not sure what the problem is. Anyone have an idea on where to direct me for a solution. Thanks! Jespy

View Postleekb, on 18 October 2011 - 03:55 AM, said:

After setting up the Exchange account I could not even see any emails. I am seeing "Loading..." in both the email and folder panes. I googled around and it seems to be a common issue. In short, I could not get Exchange mail working in my Tab 10.1. Exchange is working fine on my other devices - a Tab 7, and Galaxy S2.

I may be able to shed some light on this. I encountered a similar issue myself recently. It turns out that Exchange only allows X number of devices to access a mailbox. When you get a new device, be it iOS or Android, it adds it to the list. I had about 10 devices listed, from resetting them mostly, and it had reached the limit. You may need to talk to your exchange admin about it. Of course, if you can setup another new device, then that's obviously not the issue.
Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 & GT P7510 Android 4.0.4 ICS

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:08 PM (#16) User is offline   Steve888 

• PipPip
  • LocationNew York U.S.A.

View PostSevengerNC, on 28 June 2011 - 07:08 PM, said:

Ias it possible to select some or all of your pics in the gallery and email them ?
Thx

Yes. Select one pic you want to send and tap the three connected dots in the top right of the screen. It gives you options to send including gmail, etc. Once you tap the dots and select the way you want to send it will open up a secreen for email with the pic attached. Don't know about the other means but in gmail you can then hit the paper clip to add additional pics.

Please Edit your Profile

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:46 PM (#17) User is offline   Humdingerkona 

• Pip
  • LocationTexas, U.S.A.

I too experienced a similar situation with the tablet sending out emails with blank body copy (about 4-5kb in size). If I sent form the tablet only, it would only send one...if i sent form my desktop or laptop, a second email would be sent from the tablet. It sent over 300 duplicate blank emails previously sent to recipients on installation OUCH!

Solution: Bottom line...Corporate Sync DOES NOT WORK and Tech support at Samsung is CLUELESS. Don't even waste your time setting it up. 8 days and no call back, promises promises promises to have a level 2 tech support person call me with NO CALL BACK!

I found an app in the Market place called Touchdown HD for Tablets by NitroDesk. www.nitrodesk.com. This app works great, is infinitely customizable, manages unlimited folders, custom signatures and even rules. It only works with Exchange Server, so if you are using Outlook without Exchange, you will need a different app.

Hope this helps....

Please Edit your Profile

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:47 PM (#18) User is offline   Steve888 

• PipPip
  • LocationNew York U.S.A.

Can't seem to find a way to forward emails that I recieve on my GT 10.1 using the gmail app. Anyone know how this is done?
thanks,
Steve

Please Edit your Profile

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:52 AM (#19) User is offline   Bart Laroc 

• Relaxed Moderator
  • LocationBristol, UK

on PC open Gmail, click "cog" top right, Mail Settings, Forwarding and POP/IMAP
Posted Image

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:20 PM (#20) User is offline   kraipet 

• Pip
  • LocationLondon, UK

Im having great difficulty sending emails, ERROR CONNECTION keeps coming up. Im receiving emails and using the web all ok, I just cant understand, Can anybody help me?

Please Edit your Profile

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users