The Galaxy Tab Forum: Transferring photos from camera to Tab A - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Transferring photos from camera to Tab A Need to bulk transfer photos from my Panasonic camera

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:56 PM (#1) User is offline   sasanqua 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • LocationWashington, U.S.A.
  • Device Size:Tab A 8.0
  • Device Model Number:SM-T350
  • Android Version:6.0.1 Marshmallow

I have a Panasonic Lumix camera, model DMC ZS50. I can transfer photos from the camera to my Tab A via wifi one at a time, but I want to transfer a days worth of photos at one time.

I have connected the camera to the Tab A via the cameras USB cord and a USB to mini USB connector. The Tab A notifies me that the camera is a high power device and must have an external power source. Since the camera is charged through the same connection that is used to download photos, I cannot supply another power source at the same time as I am downloading photos.

When I remove the memory card from the camera and place it in a card reader connected to the Tab A, the Tab A does not recognize the card at all. When I plug this same card and card reader into my Windows 10 based computer, the card is read just fine.

How can I download my photos?

Galaxy Tab Model : Tab A 8.0
Galaxy Tab Number : SM-T350
Android Version : 6.0.1 Marshmallow

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:06 AM (#2) User is offline   johnmurf 

• Pip
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia
  • Device Model Number:SM-T355Y
  • Android Version:5.1.1 Lollipop

I have a Nikon P900 digital and a Canon 700D DSLR camera. I have not tried transfering direct to the Tab A, I transfer them to the computer first and then to the Tablet, mainly because I don't have the right cables. I also like to keep a copy on the computer as a backup and because the images display better on the computer.

On thing I have noticed is that when I connect the Nikon by a USB cable to the computer, the computer powers up the Nikon. This is probably because the Nikon is a pure digital camera and only has the zoom lens that requires a lot of power to operate. On the other hand the Canon being a DSLR it has a lot more parts that require power to operate. I am guessing that this may be the same in the Lumix camera you have.

I have also noticed that the computer will not power on the Canon and I have to switch the camera itself on before it is recognised. This is probably because the Canon requires more power than a USB port can provide. The battery for the canon can only be charged on a separate battery charger which provides 8.4 volts @ .72 amps. The battery in the Nikon camera is charged whilst still in the camera via USB cable from a computer or separate charger which outputs 5 volts @ 1 amp.

I am guessing the Lumix camera works in a similar way to the Canon camera. I suggest you attach your camera to you computer or tablet via a USB cable and then turn the camera on and see if it is recognised and if so, the images should copy.

The card reader should be recognised as they are a lower power device. Why it is not I don't know. Have you tried a different card reader?

Galaxy Tab Number : SM-T355Y
Android Version : 5.1.1 lollipop

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:02 AM (#3) User is offline   cpfan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNiagara Region, Ontario, Canada
  • Device Model Number:SM-T350
  • Android Version:6.0.1 Marshmallow

View Postsasanqua, on 12 April 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

When I remove the memory card from the camera and place it in a card reader connected to the Tab A, the Tab A does not recognize the card at all. When I plug this same card and card reader into my Windows 10 based computer, the card is read just fine.

How can I download my photos?

I have had good success copying photos to my Tab A from a memory card, as long as it is an SD card. I have had no success with a CF card. However, I use a different card reader for a CF card than for the SD cards. Since the ZS50 uses an SD card, I would expect it to work fine, unless the card has an unusual format method.

I have definitely succeeded with cards from a Canon 60D DSLR, and a Canon SX210 point&shoot. Also with a card from a Sony QX10. Lately I've had a microSDHC/XC cards in each of these cameras, but in the past I've used a standard SD card.

Steve

Galaxy Tab A 8" (SM-T350) updated to 6.0.1
Galaxy Tab 2 7" WiFi (GT P3113 TSR) running 4.0.4 ICS
Also LG G3 phone, and Lenovo Tab 2 10".

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:58 PM (#4) User is offline   johnmurf 

• Pip
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia
  • Device Model Number:SM-T355Y
  • Android Version:5.1.1 Lollipop

I tried to transfer directly from the camera to the Tab A without success, even with the camera turned on. I transfering from a card reader with a micro SD card but it was not recognised by the Tab A.

Transfering to a computer fron the camera or a card reader works fine. transfering from the computer to the Tab A also works fine.

My guess is the USB port on the Tab A is a non powered port or only a one way port if the port is not supplied with power from the source device.

Galaxy Tab Number : SM-T355Y
Android Version : 5.1.1 lollipop

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language