The Galaxy Tab Forum: Print with my new Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 tablet - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Print with my new Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 tablet

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:35 PM (#1) User is offline   Caq 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNevada, U.S.A.
  • Device Size:Tab A 10.1 2016
  • Device Model Number:SM-T580
  • Android Version:6.0.1 Marshmallow

I was having a tough time figuring out how to print with my new Galaxy Tab A 10.1 tablet. I have the HP Officejet Pro All-in-One WiFi printer. I had no trouble doing this with my iPads, but could not get the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 to find my printer. My laptop and iPads found it just fine, so the WiFi was working. But I love my Galaxy Tab A and want to use it as much as possible. I checked forums and webs and found nothing that worked. Plugins did not work. I figured I would have to transfer what I wanted via email to my iPad or HP laptop and print to my WiFi printer from there. Not what I wanted to do that, but I want to use the Tab A for typing documents, and email that is not from or to my roadrunner accounts.

Well, I finally found a solution on the HP site. I read that I was to download the HP ePrint download, which I read to do before and it did not work, so it was uninstalled. Nevertheless, I did that again and activated it and did everything step-by-step and I still could not print from it. Would not locate my printer that was on and right next to me and printed from my iPad. Very disappointing. I tried everything. Then I found a page deep in the HP site that I did not show up in my searches on the HP site for printing from a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 earlier in the day. This page of the site said to download the All-in-One remote app. YES! I can print from my beautiful Galaxy Tab A now.

There are specific steps you have to do, but they are minimal. Basically, you are printing PDF's that have been saved to the device storage files that are shared: ShareMemo and Saved Email.

For a memo (I only have the Memo App internally installed app that I use to type out info) do the following:

Open the document
Select to print
You will get a screen with a mustard yellow circle with a down arrow above PDF
Touch the mustard yellow PDF circle
You will get a screen with the file folders on your device
Use Device Storage
Scroll down to the ShareMemo file folder
Select that folder and touch "Done" in the upper right corner.

From there just touch that file and you will find your 8616 All-in-One waiting to be used. At the top you have the setting options, paper type, print range, double or single sided, etc. Beautiful.

For an email, you save it as a PDF and save it to the saved email folder, or you can just use the same folder as the ShareMemo. To do this, this is what you do:

Open the email
Select to print
You will get a screen with a mustard yellow circle with a downarrow above PDF
Touch that
You will get a screen with the file folders
Use Device Storage
Scroll down to either the Saved Email or ShareMemo

To print your email PDF's or document PDF's, go to files and touch the file you want to print.

If your email has an attachment, open the attachments while in the mail app, the PDF will be opened in the printer screen and you can print it from there, or print the email to the PDF as stated above. Open the email in the folder the PDF was saved to for printing and the attachment will be at the top for you to open and read or print.

I delete them after printing. It is not necessary to keep them. The originals are still in their native apps. This way the memo is still able to be edited, if necessary (updating lists). If I kept the PDF version in the ShareMemo folder and deleted the original one, I would not be able to edit it to make changes and print again.

I just touched a photo in the gallery. It was the same thing. The mustard yellow circle with the down arrow and PDF. Save it to the ShareMemo file. Touch the PDF and then print it. I did not print that. But, in paper options, you get a photo paper option.

The paper size options seem to accommodate photo paper sizes and letter paper sizes, no problem with that.

I am pretty sure this is exactly what I did. These are the only items I have printed. To save space, again, I delete the PDF file after printing, keeping the original in its native app.

A neat thing is that if my printer is asleep, it will wake it up and I don't have to go over to wake it up before printing. Our computers and other pads will not print if the printer has gone to "sleep" because they cannot locate it. This is a great feature. I just tried it and it did wake it up.u

I hope this helps others. I do not know if this is how it is done with other devices and iOS's with the HP All-in-One printer. Remember it is the All-in-One Remote app you want downloaded and installed on your device. Maybe people with other models and iOS and are using the HP All-in-One printer can try this plugin and see it it works for you.

This is the link to the HP site and page where I found out about this:

http://support.hp.co...rinterRemoteApp

This is a link directly to HP's instructions for installing. This link is on the page the above link takes you to:

http://support.hp.co...ument/c03561640

From what I understand, this is not model specific, but since I do not know if that is the case, I posted in the section for my Tab A 10.1. Feel free to move it to the general information if it is printer specific but for all Tabs in general.

Galaxy Tab Model : Tab A 10.1 2016
Galaxy Tab Number : SM-T580
Android Version : 6.0.1 Marshmallow

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox