The Galaxy Tab Forum: How to transfer large files between GT & laptop - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to transfer large files between GT & laptop Sync & File Transfer Help on Secure Company PC

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:42 AM (#1) User is offline   Dixie 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members

I looked at the GT today, and want to purchase. I am concerned that the device will not sync with my company laptop. It is locked down with a security card. I am not allowed to install software by CD or Internet download. The only way I can get large files on it are via flash drive. There is no SD slot.

On the GT, I noticed the proprietary connection instead of a USB. I do not know what the other end looks like. Is it USB? If so, I think I can transfer files from GT just like I would a flash drive. Does anyone know?

I suspect I will not be able to sync calendars and contacts because that would require a software download to the computer. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:16 AM (#2) User is offline   Ayman07 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.
  • Device Size:7-Inch Original
  • Device Model Number:GT-P1000
  • Android Version:2.3.6 Gingerbread

View PostDixie, on 16 December 2010 - 05:42 AM, said:

I looked at the GT today, and want to purchase. I am concerned that the device will not sync with my company laptop. It is locked down with a security card. I am not allowed to install software by CD or Internet download. The only way I can get large files on it are via flash drive. There is no SD slot.

On the GT, I noticed the proprietary connection instead of a USB. I do not know what the other end looks like. Is it USB? If so, I think I can transfer files from GT just like I would a flash drive. Does anyone know?

I suspect I will not be able to sync calendars and contacts because that would require a software download to the computer. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Yes it's a standard USB wire at the other end. You should be able to transfer files without needing to install any additional software. The tab will act like a USB thumb drive. As for syncing, you might be able to let the tab sync over the air. If your calendar is through Gmail or something then it will sync no problem. If your trying to sync the calendar that you made on your PC then you will need software like kies to keep it synced.

Galaxy Tab 7-inch GT-P1000 Android 2.3.6

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:59 PM (#3) User is offline   Dixie 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

View PostAyman07, on 21 December 2010 - 01:16 AM, said:

Yes it's a standard USB wire at the other end. You should be able to transfer files without needing to install any additional software. The tab will act like a USB thumb drive. As for syncing, you might be able to let the tab sync over the air. If your calendar is through Gmail or something then it will sync no problem. If your trying to sync the calendar that you made on your PC then you will need software like kies to keep it synced.

Thanks for the information. This response and the two others I received are enough for me to go forward. I appreciate the forum and will stay connected.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic