I had a problem with Arabic Characters; they were disconnected and sometimes reversed. So, I searched over the net for one day and chose to install a ROM from Samfirmware.com. I chose the latest firmware from the table of arabic firmwares. It's P1000JPJM5. (P1000JPJM5 ## P1.PIT Version 2.2 2011 January), so here are the steps that I've gone through:
1. Download the firmware.
2. I use the Odin 1.7 and applied the PIT file first. It finished successfully in 11 seconds.
3. I put the Galaxy tab in the Download mode (decrease volume + Power).
4. I applied the PDA using the Odin 1.7, I chose the TAR file that came with the P1000JPJM5 downloaded file.
5. A light blue indicator started just below the Download logo, the indicator progressed cheerfully, but suddenly stopped. I checked the Odin, and found a "FAILED!" sign. I searched the log, and found the following error:
<ID:0/045> Complete(Write) Operation failed
<ID:0/045> All threads completed. (Succeed 0/ Failed 1)
attached is a jpg file having the error exactly.
6. Regardless of the warning saying "Don't unplug the target" or whatever it said by that time, and since the application of the firmware stopped, I unplugged the USB cable. I did that after waiting for 20 minutes whereas the Galaxy Tab didn't show any response but that download logo and the non-moving indicator.
7. After I did that, the Galaxy Tab became dead. Whenever I attach it to the computer, it displays a 3 icons screen; a computer, a phone, and a warning triangle with an exclamation mark. I assume that this means that there is an error in the connection between the Tab and the computer.
8. No matter how many times I tried the Download, recovery or any other thing, the phone would only display one of two things, the 3 icons screen that I listed in the previous step, or the Battery screen showing a grey battery.
Fimrware Error-1.jpg (136.51K)
Number of downloads: 26