The Galaxy Tab Forum: Completely unresponsive screen. What to do? - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Completely unresponsive screen. What to do?

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:39 AM (#1) User is offline   bandw 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • LocationCalifornia, U.S.A.
  • Device Size:10.1
  • Device Model Number:Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device
  • Android Version:Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device

So I found myself in an unfortunately situation about 10 days ago when I saw a very good deal of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 on craigslist. I was told that the tablet touchscreen became completely unresponsive after the guy did a factory reset. He bought it on Ebay, no receipt or anything so was unable to return to the store. He had to sell it cheap to cut his loss. I felt the guy was a little bit tech-challenged and didn't know how to do a hard reset, how to use Odin to unbrick the device and I thought I might be able to do a better job to revive the device. So I just bought it. I tried to get to the recovery mode to do the wiping and factory reset. I connected it to kies and was able to upgrade the OS to ICS. Still when it started up it was stuck at the welcome screen. No matter where I touched NO response whatsoever. I became desperate, I pressed the screen hard. I shaked it quite a bit and I even tried to bent the glass. Nothing. I googled the web and found no satisfactory solutions. At this point I felt hopeless and totally inept. I put the tablet aside and prepared to accept the $100+ loss.

Then 3 days ago I was thinking about doing something about it. Since I pretty much exhausted the software routes the only way I can do is open up the case to see what's wrong inside. I needed a tri-wing screwdriver. I could order it online but I was in a hurry and drove 40 miles to the Fry's store to buy it. When I was back I got the 2 screws out and used my fingernails to open the case. Immediately very obvious the digitizer cable was detached from the logic board. I put it back in its place and wow the screen came alive and I felt on top of the world. The whole process only took about 5 minutes.

For those who are stuck in the similar situations for various reasons the unresponsive screen is most likely caused by the hardware issues. It is worthwhile to take a little bit of risk to open the case. Hey what do u have to lose anyway?
Don't Be ..... Unknown(SAD)

Please Edit your Profile

Galaxy Tab Model : 10.1
Galaxy Tab Number : Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device
Android Version : Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:18 AM (#2) User is online   wizz 

• Superman Moderator
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • LocationUK
  • Device Size:7-Inch Original
  • Device Model Number:GT-P1000
  • Android Version:2.3.3 Gingerbread

Thanks for the Info.... sounds like this Tab had been "messed with" .... no wonder you came up with zilch on the Web :clapping:
Posted Image

Galaxy Tab 7" wifi & 3g (GT-P1000) Gingerbread 2.3.3
Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 wifi (SM-T310) Kitkat 4.4.2

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language