The Galaxy Tab Forum: E-Books on Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Jump to content

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E-Books on Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 Download from different supliers

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:50 AM (#1) User is offline   Daan Smit Phalaborwa 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 03-August 12
  • LocationPhalaborwa, South Africa
  • Device Size:2 7.0

Hi, Am I limited to read E-Books from KOBE only, or can I download E-Books from anywhere? (P3100)
Daan Smit, Phalaborwa, Limpopo Province, South Africa

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
GT-P3100
Android Android Version ???? Not Stated

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

  • TheGalaxyTabForum.com



Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:33 AM (#2) User is offline   Bart Laroc 

  • Relaxed Moderator
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • Posts: 4,143
  • Joined: 10-February 11
  • LocationBristol, UK
  • Device Size:7-Inch Original
  • Device Model Number:GT-P1000
  • Android Version:2.3.6 Gingerbread

View PostDaan Smit Phalaborwa, on 04 August 2012 - 07:50 AM, said:

Hi, Am I limited to read E-Books from KOBE only, or can I download E-Books from anywhere? (P3100)


see 'Ebooks' :- http://www.thegalaxy...dpost__p__27827
Posted Image
Galaxy Tab 7-inch, GT-P1000, Overcome v4.1.0 Android Gingerbread 2.3.6, P1000XWJQ8

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:15 PM (#3) User is offline   musicman100 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 10-June 12
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.A.
  • Device Size:2 7.0
  • Device Model Number:GT-P3113
  • Android Version:4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich

Didn't seem to work for me. Have a book in epub format and it tells me it can't open it. Going to travel tomorrow and wanted to use this. Oh well. John
Using Windows 7 and a Tab 2
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 Android 4.0.4

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:37 AM (#4) User is offline   hkmk23 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 25-August 12
  • LocationMidi-Pyrenees, France
  • Device Size:2 7.0

Hi,
got a Tab 2 7 3g 16gig.
Great. But.......I am english and live in France, when I try to find some books in play store the title (and probably the books) are all in French!
Apparently (helpful) Google knows I am in France and so decides that I must only read French books........!
Google do not have a helpdesk so can any kind soul tell me how I can download and read books in english please?
p.s. My ipad books are all fine all in english. But I want to use my Tab (it's smaller, lighter, blah, blah, blah!)
Cheers
Tab 2 7.0 3g 16gig GT-P3100 Android 4.03

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:17 AM (#5) User is offline   Bart Laroc 

  • Relaxed Moderator
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • Posts: 4,143
  • Joined: 10-February 11
  • LocationBristol, UK
  • Device Size:7-Inch Original
  • Device Model Number:GT-P1000
  • Android Version:2.3.6 Gingerbread

View Posthkmk23, on 25 August 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

Hi,
got a Tab 2 7 3g 16gig.
Great. But.......I am english and live in France, when I try to find some books in play store the title (and probably the books) are all in French!
Apparently (helpful) Google knows I am in France and so decides that I must only read French books........!
Google do not have a helpdesk so can any kind soul tell me how I can download and read books in english please?
p.s. My ipad books are all fine all in english. But I want to use my Tab (it's smaller, lighter, blah, blah, blah!)
Cheers


are you opening 'Play Store' on your Tab or on your PC ? :- https://play.google....c=books&price=1

do the book titles show in french on both your Tab & PC ?

google for 'epub ebooks' try a few of the results, for example :

epubBooks, select Books for reading, Device Android, sort by Price, Ascending, select a free book to test with :- http://www.epubbooks...asc&per_page=20

if selecting 'Search for Books by Title, Author or ISBN' select 'Android' under 'eReaders'
Posted Image
Galaxy Tab 7-inch, GT-P1000, Overcome v4.1.0 Android Gingerbread 2.3.6, P1000XWJQ8

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:49 PM (#6) User is offline   hkmk23 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 25-August 12
  • LocationMidi-Pyrenees, France
  • Device Size:2 7.0

View PostBart Laroc, on 25 August 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

are you opening 'Play Store' on your Tab or on your PC ? :- https://play.google....c=books&price=1

do the book titles show in french on both your Tab & PC ?

google for 'epub ebooks' try a few of the results, for example :

epubBooks, select Books for reading, Device Android, sort by Price, Ascending, select a free book to test with :- http://www.epubbooks...asc&per_page=20

if selecting 'Search for Books by Title, Author or ISBN' select 'Android' under 'eReaders'


Hi, thanks for you reply, both my pc and tab show the title in french, in play google,

I have to force Google to use www.google.co.uk when on the web and that works, but play store does not have (that I can find) the option to choose where my "play store" is located.....the rest of play store is in english, just the books give me a problem, just as well I am not on holiday in China or I would be in trouble! :)
In addition I have just tried ebooks and it is fine, so a big thank you for your kind help.
cheers
Tab 2 7.0 3g 16gig GT-P3100 Android 4.03

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language