The Galaxy Tab Forum: how to remove home screens? - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

how to remove home screens?

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:05 PM (#1) User is offline   maxiayla 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNord Trondelag, Norway
  • Device Size:2 10.1
  • Device Model Number:Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device
  • Android Version:Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device

Hello everyone. I just got my galaxy tab 2, 10.1, and im wondering about something.
I have 7 home screens, but i want only 1, so how can i remove the 6 I don't want ?
Don't Be ..... Unknown(SAD)

Please Edit your Profile

Galaxy Tab Model : 2 10.1
Galaxy Tab Number : Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device
Android Version : Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:47 PM (#2) User is offline   wizz 

• Superman Moderator
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • LocationUK
  • Device Size:7-Inch Original
  • Device Model Number:GT-P1000
  • Android Version:2.3.3 Gingerbread

If your 2 10.1 works in the same way as my 7in GT-P1000...... I am able to do a two finger "pinch" into the middle on the home screen which minimises it to show small images of all the home screens available....from there it is possible to Add & Delete surplus screens.....

Page 28 User Manual

››Add or remove a panel from the Home screen
You can add or remove Home screen panels to organise
widgets.
1 On the Home screen, place two fingers on the screen and
pinch them together to switch to Edit mode.
2 Add, remove, or reorganise panels:
●● To remove a panel, tap and hold the panel’s thumbnail
image, and then drag it to the rubbish bin.
●● To add a new panel, select +.
●● To set the main panel of the Home screen, select (see manual icon).
●● To change the order of panels, tap and hold the panel’s
thumbnail image, and then drag it to a new location.
3 Select to return to the previous screen
Posted Image

Galaxy Tab 7" wifi & 3g (GT-P1000) Gingerbread 2.3.3
Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 wifi (SM-T310) Kitkat 4.4.2

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:19 PM (#3) User is offline   maxiayla 

• Pip

No, Its not working. And Its rally annoying because somtimes my tablet decides that it want to use screen number 3 as the maine home screens screen . When i push the home button it goes to screen 3, and that screen is empty. I want to use only one screen.

Please Edit your Profile

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:32 AM (#4) User is offline   sewinglady 

• Pip
  • LocationUSA
  • Device Model Number:GT-P5113
  • Android Version:4.1.1 Jellybean

maxiayla, on 25 July 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

No, Its not working. And Its rally annoying because somtimes my tablet decides that it want to use screen number 3 as the maine home screens screen . When i push the home button it goes to screen 3, and that screen is empty. I want to use only one screen.

Wizz's instructions worked for me. Remember you need to pinch fingers towards each other not apart. On mine 6 small screens showed on one page after "pinching". Two screens were blank, one has the hubs, two had apps I had saved to home screens and one had a plus sign on it. The one with the plus sign is there if you want to add screens. Just tap and hold screen that you want to delete and drag to the trash can, You cannot delete the screen with hubs on.

Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
GT-P5113
Android Version 4.1.1 Jelly Bean

Sewinglady

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:17 AM (#5) User is offline   flummox 

• PipPip
  • LocationUSA
  • Device Model Number:GT-P5113
  • Android Version:4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich

The guy suggesting the "finger pinch" is correct. I also had the issue with multiple screens accidentally made and the seemingly random "home screen" selection. You'll want to place your fingers on the screen a few inches apart. Use thumb and fore finger, and simply move them toward each other as if you were pinching. But try to do it in a fast swiping motion. This will made the screen display all of your screens and allow you to make changes or remove them.

When you press and hold on a page, you'll see icons appear on the top that will allow you to do various things, one of them being a delete (trash icon) option. Simply drag the page(s) you wish to delete to the trash icon. In this same screen, you'll also see a "house" icon and the one set as your home screen will be highlighted. Simply press the house icon on whichever you want to be set as your home screen.

If you wish to move icons or widgets around to different pages, press and hold on the icon and then you can move it around. To move it to a new page, drag it to the side of the screen and it will change to a new page. Keep in mind you have to have the page created before moving the icon. If you only have one page, you will not be able to drag to a new page (obviously).

The Apps & Widgets pages works exactly the same, but you have a few more options via the menu in the upper left. But adding and deleting pages and adding or moving icons works the same. Just note that these App & Widget pages ARE NOT THE SAME AS THE HOME PAGE(s). If you wish to take an icon from the Apps & Widgets page and make it appear on the Home page press and hold a neutral spot on one of the Home pages and wait for the menu to appear. Then press "Add to Home screen" this brings you to the Apps & Widgets page(s) and when you click one of the icons it will place it on your Home Screen. You can then move it in the way I described above.

I hope this helps!

flummox
=======================

Galaxy Tab : 2 10.1
Model# : GT-P5113
Android Version : Ice Cream Sandwich - 4.0.4

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:19 PM (#6) User is offline   maxiayla 

• Pip

I finally made it. Thank you so much. :)

Please Edit your Profile

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:42 PM (#7) User is offline   peyutnduy 

• Pip
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Device Model Number:GT-P5100

There are 2 homescreens in my SGT2 10.1 ICS. The second one was created accidentally and only contains 1 icon. I want to move it to the 1st homescreen but no idea how to do it. I've tried to drag it to the side but it won't move. Would you please tell me how?

Galaxy Tab Number : GT-P5100
Android Version : 4.1.1 Jellybean

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:39 PM (#8) User is offline   Moderator Blast 

• Lady Super Moderator
  • LocationKent UK
  • Device Size:I have more than one device. See my Signature
  • Device Model Number:See my Signature
  • Android Version:See my Signature

See #5 above
Posted Image
Posted Image
GT-N5100 Note 8.0 4.1.2 (2013) -- GT-i9300 4.3 JB (2012) -- GT-P6200(IR)3.2 (2012) -- GT-P1000 Overcome Rom 4.1 GB 2.3.6 (2010) -- Kindle (2011)

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:51 PM (#9) User is offline   hirakghosh 

• Pip
  • LocationIndia
  • Device Size:2 7.0
  • Device Model Number:GT-P3110

Thank you so much...it really worked on my Galaxy Tab 2 (P3110).One thing I want to know that my tab has one problem, the default video player can't play the video which had DTS audio encode.While running such file it only plays the video, the audio is mute.Please help.

Please Edit your Profile

Galaxy Tab Model : 2 7.0
Galaxy Tab Number : GT-P3110

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:34 PM (#10) User is offline   Scribe 

• Pip
  • LocationCanada
  • Device Size:Unknown (SAD)
  • Device Model Number:Unknown(SAD) See : Settings, About Device

flummox, on 26 July 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

The guy suggesting the "finger pinch" is correct. I also had the issue with multiple screens accidentally made and the seemingly random "home screen" selection. You'll want to place your fingers on the screen a few inches apart. Use thumb and fore finger, and simply move them toward each other as if you were pinching. But try to do it in a fast swiping motion. This will made the screen display all of your screens and allow you to make changes or remove them.

When you press and hold on a page, you'll see icons appear on the top that will allow you to do various things, one of them being a delete (trash icon) option. Simply drag the page(s) you wish to delete to the trash icon. In this same screen, you'll also see a "house" icon and the one set as your home screen will be highlighted. Simply press the house icon on whichever you want to be set as your home screen.

If you wish to move icons or widgets around to different pages, press and hold on the icon and then you can move it around. To move it to a new page, drag it to the side of the screen and it will change to a new page. Keep in mind you have to have the page created before moving the icon. If you only have one page, you will not be able to drag to a new page (obviously).

The Apps & Widgets pages works exactly the same, but you have a few more options via the menu in the upper left. But adding and deleting pages and adding or moving icons works the same. Just note that these App & Widget pages ARE NOT THE SAME AS THE HOME PAGE(s). If you wish to take an icon from the Apps & Widgets page and make it appear on the Home page press and hold a neutral spot on one of the Home pages and wait for the menu to appear. Then press "Add to Home screen" this brings you to the Apps & Widgets page(s) and when you click one of the icons it will place it on your Home Screen. You can then move it in the way I described above.

I hope this helps!

flummox

I am trying to figure out how to move apps from one screen to another on my Galaxy Tab 2 and your information, ie "If you wish to move icons or widgets around to different pages, press and hold on the icon and then you can move it around. To move it to a new page, drag it to the side of the screen and it will change to a new page. Keep in mind you have to have the page created before moving the icon. If you only have one page, you will not be able to drag to a new page (obviously)." definitely does not work.

When I drag an app to the side of the screen, the Home Page appears and, apart from this already being full, I don't want to place it there.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have one page with 22 apps on and one with 4 apps, and I would like to move 2 from this last page to the other.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Please Edit your Profile

Galaxy Tab Model : Unknown(SAD)

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:47 PM (#11) User is offline   Bart Laroc 

• Relaxed Moderator
  • LocationBristol, UK
  • Device Size:7-Inch Original
  • Device Model Number:GT-P1000
  • Android Version:2.3.6 Gingerbread

Scribe, on 08 March 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

I am trying to figure out how to move apps from one screen to another on my Galaxy Tab 2 and your information, ie "If you wish to move icons or widgets around to different pages, press and hold on the icon and then you can move it around. To move it to a new page, drag it to the side of the screen and it will change to a new page. Keep in mind you have to have the page created before moving the icon. If you only have one page, you will not be able to drag to a new page (obviously)." definitely does not work.

When I drag an app to the side of the screen, the Home Page appears and, apart from this already being full, I don't want to place it there.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have one page with 22 apps on and one with 4 apps, and I would like to move 2 from this last page to the other.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

depending on your Tab Version, Model Number & Android Version :

open apps, drag the app to side of apps page, app should appear on home page, still holding it, drag it to the side of the home page, you should move to the next home screen, continue to the home screen you wish to place app icon

for further advise, please edit your Signature
Posted Image
Galaxy Tab 7-inch, GT-P1000, Overcome v4.1.0 Android Gingerbread 2.3.6, P1000XWJQ8

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:27 PM (#12) User is offline   Mikael Nordentoft 

• Pip
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Device Model Number:GT-P5100
  • Android Version:4.1.2 Jellybean

I have tried to read the manual to my Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P5100 because I want to delete some pages on the tablet. I haven't been able to find the solution. I have looked through the menu on the tablet, no luck. Then I tried to Google it and this forum came up and I thought that you might be able to help me.

I am new to this forum, so please forgive me if someone already has asked this question, I have been looking for it, but wasn't able to find it. If you already has described the solution, please direct me to it.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Mikael Nordentoft
Denmark

Galaxy Tab Number : GT-P5100
Android Version : 4.1.2 Jellybean

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:01 PM (#13) User is offline   Moderator Blast 

• Lady Super Moderator
  • LocationKent UK
  • Device Size:I have more than one device. See my Signature
  • Device Model Number:See my Signature
  • Android Version:See my Signature

Mikael Nordentoft, on 13 August 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

I have tried to read the manual to my Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P5100 because I want to delete some pages on the tablet. I haven't been able to find the solution. I have looked through the menu on the tablet, no luck. Then I tried to Google it and this forum came up and I thought that you might be able to help me.

I am new to this forum, so please forgive me if someone already has asked this question, I have been looking for it, but wasn't able to find it. If you already has described the solution, please direct me to it.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Mikael Nordentoft
Denmark

BY "some pages" I am making the assumption you mean home screens. If not please state what you actually mean.

There are two types of home screen set up on tabs. One can be deleted by this method
http://www.thegalaxy...dpost__p__34819

The other normally on JB is simple. You just drag and drop all the icons you want on to the home screens you want to use and leave the others blank. There's actually nothing to remove if they are empty.
Posted Image
Posted Image
GT-N5100 Note 8.0 4.1.2 (2013) -- GT-i9300 4.3 JB (2012) -- GT-P6200(IR)3.2 (2012) -- GT-P1000 Overcome Rom 4.1 GB 2.3.6 (2010) -- Kindle (2011)

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:23 PM (#14) User is offline   pjtab10 

• Pip
  • LocationBirmingham, UK
  • Device Model Number:GT-P5110

Hello everyone

Can someone help please.

I have at last (last night) purchased a Galaxy 10.1 Tablet... brilliant machine.

I have installed lots of Apps initially and created new pages to put them on!

I then realised they would be much neater in folders on 1 pages. This leaves me several empty pages and I have tried everything I can think of but cannot fathom out how to delete them. Can anyone help?

Paul

Galaxy Tab Number : GT-P5110

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:25 AM (#15) User is offline   cpfan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNiagara Region, Ontario, Canada
  • Device Size:2 7.0
  • Device Model Number:GT-P3113
  • Android Version:4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich

pjtab10, on 24 August 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

Hello everyone

Can someone help please.

I have at last (last night) purchased a Galaxy 10.1 Tablet... brilliant machine.

I have installed lots of Apps initially and created new pages to put them on!

I then realised they would be much neater in folders on 1 pages. This leaves me several empty pages and I have tried everything I can think of but cannot fathom out how to delete them. Can anyone help?

Paul

Have you tried the suggestion in reply #5 above?

Steve

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0" WiFi (GT P3113 TSR) running 4.0.4 ICS.
Also 2 Android phones: Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-I747M) running 4.0.4, and LG Optimus L5 (LG-E617G) running 4.0.3.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:16 AM (#16) User is offline   pjtab10 

• Pip
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

maxiayla, on 25 July 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Hello everyone. I just got my galaxy tab 2, 10.1, and im wondering about something.
I have 7 home screens, but i want only 1, so how can i remove the 6 I don't want ?

BRIL-I-ANT!!! :good:

What a team. Thank you for your help.

I have others in the family with the same problem so will pass on this useful information.

Sorry got to go back to my Tablet 8)

Thanks again

Paul

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:47 PM (#17) User is offline   hamski 

• Pip
  • LocationLanarkshire, UK
  • Android Version:4.1 Jellybean

Thanks for this guys.Had the tab for 18 months and this bugged me a little.Not anymore.. :good:

Android Version : 4.1 Jellybean

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Google
IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language