The Galaxy Tab Forum: Solution for lack of Adobe Flash Player? - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum

Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse
  • 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Solution for lack of Adobe Flash Player?

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:58 PM (#41) User is offline   jessy123 

• Pip
  • Insert nick to fast reply form
  • Quote selected text to fast reply form
  • Group: Members
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Device Size:2 7.0
  • Device Model Number:GT-P3100
  • Android Version:Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device

I can't install the adobe flash player it's appears it's not available in you country . It's there any other option to replace the adobe flash player program . My tablet model is p3100 n I'm from Malaysia . You help is really appreciate tq
Don't Be ..... Unknown(SAD)

Please Edit your Profile

Galaxy Tab Model : 2 7.0
Galaxy Tab Number : GT-P3100
Android Version : Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• TheGalaxyTabForum.com

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:02 PM (#42) User is offline   BrianG 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationDes Moines, IA
  • Device Model Number:See my Signature
  • Android Version:See my Signature

View Postjessy123, on 29 August 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

I can't install the adobe flash player it's appears it's not available in you country . It's there any other option to replace the adobe flash player program . My tablet model is p3100 n I'm from Malaysia . You help is really appreciate tq

The Flash player may not be available in the Google Play store for your country, but you may be able to "side-load" the APK file, like DmtChico suggests. Basically, find the APK file from somewhere, copy it to your tablet via SD card or PC, and tap to run and install it. This may or may not work, but it's something to try. And, I'm not sure what effect, if any, the tablet's language has on if the package can actually be installed or not though.

Again, I have no Flash player APK file anywhere on my tablet and Flash content worked fine from day 1 in the stock browser as well as Dolphin. I have never installed Flash player manually, so it either really is in my phone somewhere and I can't find it, or the browsers have their own Flash plugin, similar to how Chrome has its own version of Flash plugin for the PC.

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - GT-P3113 - Android JB 4.1.1 (NOT rooted) - Firmware Rev LK7
Nexus 7 32GB - Android JB 4.3
Nexus 7FHD (v2) 32GB - Android JB 4.3
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android JB 4.1.2

Ainol 7" Novo - Android JB 4.1
Ainol 10" Novo - Android JB 4.1
HTC Merge - Android GB 2.3
Kindle Fire (G1) - Android 2.3 wrecked by Amazon. :)

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:04 PM (#43) User is offline   mm9351 

• Pip
  • LocationNew York U.S.A.
  • Device Model Number:GT-P3113
  • Android Version:4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich

Solution for running flash!

I have the same Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 Android 4.0.4 as many on this forum; unable or "not certified" to run flash. The same error, "not available in your country" appears...I an in NY!

Thanks to the advice found in this forum, I downloaded Dolphin, obtained the link to download flash player apk file, changed security settings to allow installation of non-market apps, and now everything works perfectly. The Adobe flash player is version 11.1.115.17.
http://download.macr..._player_ics.apk

Many thanks to BrianG, DmtChico, and others. I am new to the Android market, and having an ipad for a while that is still unable to run flash, I consider this a victory! :drinks: The ability to run flash was one of the reasons i sought a new tablet in the first place.
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - GT-P3113 - Android ICS 4.0.4 - Firmware Rev LH2

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:28 PM (#44) User is offline   slaxx 

• PipPip
  • LocationQuezon City, Philippines
  • Device Model Number:GT-P3110
  • Android Version:4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich

hi. you may remember me posting about facebook games on the games section of the galaxy tab 2 7.0 forums. this post will be a... "more general" problem that includes what i posted before on said forum.

now, to start off, plug-ins and javascript are all enabled on my browser.

my problem:
1) i cannot play flash games, both on facebook or kongregate (the mobile web version). on facebook, the games say to update my flash player, but the provided link just goes to the adobe flash player 11 app in the play store, of which says it is not available in my country (im from the philippines). as for kongregate, the game just doesn't load. the space where the game should be simply stays blank, and i can just see the background of the website.

2) videos that do not come from youtube will NOT play. e.g. videos from vimeo or CNN.

i recall from somewhere that my tab, or maybe android ICS, does not have adobe flash player anymore, but that it has its own flash player, or something like that. IF that is true, then it is not working in my tab. IF it is not true, well... i don't have anything to play flash with.

help will be very much appreciated. thank you!
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110 Android ICS 4.0.3

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:41 PM (#45) User is offline   BrianG 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

:sigh: Despite my insistence that I don't have Flash Player explicitly installed on my tablet, it turns out that I do. The built-in app manager doesn't show it at all, but ES File Explorer does show it. Anyway, since Flash works on my device without issues, I backed up the Flash APK just in case it breaks in the future.

My version of Flash is a little older than the post above this one, but it is working for me in the stock browser as well as Dolphin.

Here is the Flash APK I'm using in case anyone is interested in downloading it: Adobe Flash Player 11.1_11.1.115.12.apk

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:11 PM (#46) User is offline   SMY 

• Pip
  • LocationU.S.A.
  • Android Version:4.1.1 Jellybean

I want to thank everyone on this thread for the info you posted. I spent the weekend setting up my brand new, and first ever for me, tablet using various threads from this forum to learn how to get stuff done. I was disappointed to learn my tablet did not have Adobe Flash Player, as it was advertized that it had it and that had been a selling point for me. I need flash to get on to my work's website. By following your advice above, I was able to download it and install last night. It's working beautifully! Thank you, thank you!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Model number: GT-P3113
Android version: 4.1.1

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:35 AM (#47) User is offline   ccoolman 

• PipPip
  • LocationU.S.A.

I can't get website videos to play in any browser except chrome.

I have flash player 11 sideloaded, but video will not play in the stock browser, Firefox, or dolphin.

I was hoping this tablet would do multimedia, but am disappointed.

Anyone having better luck?
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 8GB GT-P3113 Android 4.0.4

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:23 AM (#48) User is offline   markomars 

• Pip
  • LocationSingapore

Thank you for the help. Installed the APK into my tab 2 7.0 and I'm enjoying Flash content now.

View PostBrianG, on 04 September 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

:sigh: Despite my insistence that I don't have Flash Player explicitly installed on my tablet, it turns out that I do. The built-in app manager doesn't show it at all, but ES File Explorer does show it. Anyway, since Flash works on my device without issues, I backed up the Flash APK just in case it breaks in the future.

My version of Flash is a little older than the post above this one, but it is working for me in the stock browser as well as Dolphin.

Here is the Flash APK I'm using in case anyone is interested in downloading it: Adobe Flash Player 11.1_11.1.115.12.apk

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 8GB GT-P3110 Jelly Bean 4.1.1

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:04 AM (#49) User is offline   seank97 

• Pip
  • LocationU.S.A.
  • Device Size:10.1
  • Device Model Number:GT-P7510

Good evening folks, wanted to fill you in on a bit of a "adobe flash not working" story on our new Tab 2. My fiance has been having issue with flash not being resident on her new Tab 2 which it is required for her to use her E-Books online. I successfully downloaded the FLASHPLAYER.APK (Adobe_Flash_Player_v11.1.111.7.apk) from someplace I have forgotten, dropped it into the temp folder on the tablet, installed (successfully) and to my surprise, FAIL! Ok so here is where it gets interesting, I RE-installed it after the latest Firmware update via Kies, and 'viola, she STILL was not working as required. After reading all over here about appropriate settings etc. verified, I thought I would give Firefox a whirl, and with great fanfare, we can now login to the E-Books as desired. Now here to add more fuel, Android 4.0.4 is the current build, Kernel 3.0.8-1047189, Firefox version 15.0.1 from Play Store. Hope this helps, had a heckuva couple days working this out since Adobe dumped support for Android ICS. We JUST purchased this tablet last weekend, it joins its stablemate, my Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 where EVERYTHING functions well. Hope I was able to help, maybe it was dumb-luck, but the lady can now proceed with her homework as desired, and she has no plans to return this tablet to it's store of purchase. Thanks to all who have helped me out here, you folks are the best!

Please Edit your Profile

Galaxy Tab Model : 10.1
Galaxy Tab Number : GT-P7510

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:11 AM (#50) User is offline   wizz 

• Superman Moderator
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • LocationUK
  • Device Size:7-Inch Original
  • Device Model Number:GT-P1000
  • Android Version:2.3.3 Gingerbread

Thanks for the info.... Sean :good:
Posted Image

Galaxy Tab 7" wifi & 3g (GT-P1000) Gingerbread 2.3.3
Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 wifi (SM-T310) Kitkat 4.4.2

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:49 PM (#51) User is offline   ninavey 

• Pip
  • LocationSuffolk, UK

i haven't been using it long and have no real idea what i'm doing with it, my boyfriend brought it me, he thinks its a virus, i wanted to watch a video online and it came up that i needed flash player and to download it, as soon as i did everything froze. I have no idea how to even remove or delete an application, or any apps, and my internet is stuck on loading with the blue line about 10% in.

Please Edit your Profile

Galaxy Tab Number : GT-P3110

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:16 PM (#52) User is offline   volusia 

• Pip
  • LocationMississippi, U.S.A.

View Postmarkomars, on 11 September 2012 - 05:23 AM, said:

Thank you for the help. Installed the APK into my tab 2 7.0 and I'm enjoying Flash content now.

This APK also worked for me. Thank you. I can now watch vid's that were unavailable before.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 7.0. GT-P3113, Ice Cream Sandwich, Version 4.0.4. No carrier.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:48 PM (#53) User is offline   Galaxyuser2012 

• Pip
  • LocationU.S.A.

I have a new Galaxy Tab GT-P3113. I cannot use adobe flash 11 since it is incompatible with this model. I am also unable to watch Amazon prime movies. What should I do to fix this? Also, some video extensions like .mov and .mpg will not play. Please help!

Moderator Edit - Please FORUM SEARCH next time. See post #50 below and EVERYTHING that has been said above. PM sent with new post location

Please Edit your Profile

Galaxy Tab Number : GT-P3113

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:55 PM (#54) User is offline   BrianG 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

View Postseank97, on 13 September 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

Good evening folks, wanted to fill you in on a bit of a "adobe flash not working" story on our new Tab 2. My fiance has been having issue with flash not being resident on her new Tab 2 which it is required for her to use her E-Books online. I successfully downloaded the FLASHPLAYER.APK (Adobe_Flash_Player_v11.1.111.7.apk) from someplace I have forgotten, dropped it into the temp folder on the tablet, installed (successfully) and to my surprise, FAIL! Ok so here is where it gets interesting, I RE-installed it after the latest Firmware update via Kies, and 'viola, she STILL was not working as required. After reading all over here about appropriate settings etc. verified, I thought I would give Firefox a whirl, and with great fanfare, we can now login to the E-Books as desired. Now here to add more fuel, Android 4.0.4 is the current build, Kernel 3.0.8-1047189, Firefox version 15.0.1 from Play Store. Hope this helps, had a heckuva couple days working this out since Adobe dumped support for Android ICS. We JUST purchased this tablet last weekend, it joins its stablemate, my Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 where EVERYTHING functions well. Hope I was able to help, maybe it was dumb-luck, but the lady can now proceed with her homework as desired, and she has no plans to return this tablet to it's store of purchase. Thanks to all who have helped me out here, you folks are the best!

I must have missed this and my reply is a bit late, but did you try the 11.1.115.12 version I posted above? That one seems to be working for everyone so far, so give that a try if you decide to use a browser other than Firefox.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:48 PM (#55) User is offline   BrianG 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Galaxyuser2012

Simplest solution so far is to sideload a specific working version of the Flash APK file and install it. Here is the specific post in that thread with the link to download the APK.

Playing different video formats is usually just a matter of finding the right player that will work. So far, I like the MX Player (free on Google Play) the best. It plays everything I've been able to throw at it, including some rather unique formats (such as ISO files streamed from a media server on my LAN).

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:15 AM (#56) User is offline   idra_rayz 

• Pip
  • LocationSri Lanka
  • Device Size:Unknown (SAD)
  • Device Model Number:Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device

whoaaaa!!!!! :clapping: two thumbs up bro!!!! :good: thank ya very much...keep up the good work...!!!! :drinks:

Please Edit your Profile

Galaxy Tab Model : Unknown(SAD)
Galaxy Tab Number : Unknown(SAD) - See : Settings, About Device

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:19 PM (#57) User is offline   warmrain 

• Pip
  • LocationUK
  • Device Size:2 10.1
  • Device Model Number:GT-P5110

I too had the same problem of being unable to play Adobe Flash content in websites on my new Galaxy Tab-2 10.1 (GT-P5110, Android 4.0.4) but can confirm that after installing Flash with the .apk file identified above, Flash videos on websites now run fine. I am just using the stock browser that came with my Tablet. Thanks BrianG!

Just to recap, and some hints which may help others:-

(1) Adobe Flash was removed from later versions of Android by Samsung but can be reinstalled up to Android ver 4.0.4 .
(2) You cannot install it via the Google Play (Market) Store -- it will just give you "unavailable" or "incompatible".
(3) Download the Flash 11.1.115.12 apk file above. It will probably appear in your \sdcard\download directory.
(4) Prepare your tablet by entering Settings--Security--UnknownSources and allow installation of Non-Market Apps.
(5) ALSO PREPARE by closing down all the running pages/tabs of your Internet browser. Check it is really stopped by opening Task Manager (pop it up by pressing the up arrow at the bottom of the display - or via Settings--AppManager--RunningApps)and closing the browser down if it is not stopped.
(6) Navigate to the .apk file in the \sdcard\download directory (I used the inbuilt MyFiles file management program) and tap the .apk file to install Adobe Flash.
(7) A panel will soon pop up saying Flash installed. Tap OPEN button on this panel to go to the Flash Manager. Read carefully what the options mean by tapping on the ?/Help button. As Adobe Flash will no longer be updated past Android 4.0.4 --and therefore no more security fixes, if any, -- I chose "Never" to load anything "Locally" as a best attempt to reduce my risks.
(8) Next, REBOOT/RESTART your Tablet [Long press the power button for the options panel]. This may help your O/S and Browser to recognise you now have Adobe Flash (and is a precautionary step born of years using older Windows programs!). NOTE: Your tablet is NOT switched off when you quick press the power button -- it has just gone to sleep, and omitting this step perhaps accounts for some of the variable results others have had after installing the Flash player.
(9) Open the stock browser that came with your tablet, and hopefully it now runs Flash content on websites! I have noticed some video does run slightly slowly with a hint of jerkiness. I think it depends on the complexity of the content and particularly the on screen size of the Flash video. I suspect the performance of the current CPU in the tablet is near its limits, particularly for larger screen formats.
(10) Go back to Settings and reset Security to block Non-Market App installations.

Regards and thanks again Brian!

Galaxy Tab Model : 2 10.1
Galaxy Tab Number : GT-P5110
Android Version : 4.0.4 ICS

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:45 AM (#58) User is offline   jo758 

• Pip
  • LocationAustralia
  • Device Model Number:Unknown(SAD) See : Settings, About Device

Thank you kindly, sir. Flash operational.

Please Edit your Profile

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:06 AM (#59) User is offline   AurAnima 

• Pip
  • LocationAustralia
  • Device Model Number:Unknown(SAD) See : Settings, About Device

Thank you for posting a great solution - however, it didn't work for my tablet :( Are there any other things I can do to resolve? I either have a blue/black screen or a cube in place of the video. I have tried the standard browser as well as the Boat Browser. They both don't work with flash as per below... :(

Help please!

Bianca

View Postwarmrain, on 22 October 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

I too had the same problem of being unable to play Adobe Flash content in websites on my new Galaxy Tab-2 10.1 (GT-P5110, Android 4.0.4) but can confirm that after installing Flash with the .apk file identified above, Flash videos on websites now run fine. I am just using the stock browser that came with my Tablet. Thanks BrianG!

Just to recap, and some hints which may help others:-

(1) Adobe Flash was removed from later versions of Android by Samsung but can be reinstalled up to Android ver 4.0.4 .
(2) You cannot install it via the Google Play (Market) Store -- it will just give you "unavailable" or "incompatible".
(3) Download the Flash 11.1.115.12 apk file above. It will probably appear in your \sdcard\download directory.
(4) Prepare your tablet by entering Settings--Security--UnknownSources and allow installation of Non-Market Apps.
(5) ALSO PREPARE by closing down all the running pages/tabs of your Internet browser. Check it is really stopped by opening Task Manager (pop it up by pressing the up arrow at the bottom of the display - or via Settings--AppManager--RunningApps)and closing the browser down if it is not stopped.
(6) Navigate to the .apk file in the \sdcard\download directory (I used the inbuilt MyFiles file management program) and tap the .apk file to install Adobe Flash.
(7) A panel will soon pop up saying Flash installed. Tap OPEN button on this panel to go to the Flash Manager. Read carefully what the options mean by tapping on the ?/Help button. As Adobe Flash will no longer be updated past Android 4.0.4 --and therefore no more security fixes, if any, -- I chose "Never" to load anything "Locally" as a best attempt to reduce my risks.
(8) Next, REBOOT/RESTART your Tablet [Long press the power button for the options panel]. This may help your O/S and Browser to recognise you now have Adobe Flash (and is a precautionary step born of years using older Windows programs!). NOTE: Your tablet is NOT switched off when you quick press the power button -- it has just gone to sleep, and omitting this step perhaps accounts for some of the variable results others have had after installing the Flash player.
(9) Open the stock browser that came with your tablet, and hopefully it now runs Flash content on websites! I have noticed some video does run slightly slowly with a hint of jerkiness. I think it depends on the complexity of the content and particularly the on screen size of the Flash video. I suspect the performance of the current CPU in the tablet is near its limits, particularly for larger screen formats.
(10) Go back to Settings and reset Security to block Non-Market App installations.

Regards and thanks again Brian!

Please Edit your Profile

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:32 PM (#60) User is offline   BrianG 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

View PostAurAnima, on 26 November 2012 - 01:06 AM, said:

Thank you for posting a great solution - however, it didn't work for my tablet :( Are there any other things I can do to resolve? I either have a blue/black screen or a cube in place of the video. I have tried the standard browser as well as the Boat Browser. They both don't work with flash as per below... :(

Help please!

Bianca

Have you tried installing this Flash APK Adobe Flash Player 11.1_11.1.115.12.apk ?

It should be a simple matter to download the file from the link, and just installing it.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Skin and Language