Hi, I've had issues with my 7.7 since I got it. The very first time I rebooted it, it got stuck in the download mode. No idea how. Had to use Keis to get it started again.
Now my issue is that when I download the available update, it restarts and tells me there was an error in the parameter and won't install it. Reboot from the menu and it says "update failed" or something similar once it has rebooted.
1) Where can I get a fresh copy of the firmware in file form?
2) Where does it save the file that it downloads? I might be able to update using it if I knew where it was.
3) any other advice
Sort of related issue, I can't make Keis run on any of my PC's. I had to use a mac in the end. On the PCs it installs but just won't start. That's running Windows 7 64. No idea if that's a known issue, but seemed odd as it was more than one machine.
Welcome to The Galaxy Tab Forum
|Guest Message by DevFuse|
Page 1 of 1
7.7 firmware issues Update not working
Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:12 PM (#2)
On the KIES issue, i have it running on 2 WIn 7 64 & 32bit version with no problems, I did have problems with the original version of KIES on an old pc build which turned out to be Nokia PC Suite causing comms errors. Check what other stuff you have installed on your pc is the only advice I can give as thats where your problem lies.
Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 Android 4.0.4
- ← 7.7 cant find ad-hoc wireless network?
- Galaxy Tab 7.7 News, Development & Roms
- Downgrading from Honeycomb to Ginger bread on the 7,7 →
Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1